According to sources from New Delhi Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday said that the government would soon put in place a new policy to promote the use of electric vehicles in the country and fight against climate change. He said "We want to build India as a driver in electric vehicles and we will soon put in place a stable policy regime around electric and other automated vehicles. Clean mobility powered by clean energy is our most powerful weapon in our fight against climate change”.
He said “This means a pollution free clean drive, leading to clean air and better living standards for our people” and his vision for the future of mobility in India is based on 7 Cs common, connected, convenient, congestion free, charged, clean, cutting-edge." Meanwhile he was speaking at the 'Global Mobility Summit' in New Delhi, in which a number of industry leaders, including Suzuki Motor Corporation Chairman Osamu Suzuki, participated. Furthermore charged mobility, Modi said, was the way forward.
He added "We want to drive investments across the value chain from
batteries to smart charging to electric vehicle manufacturing and almost India's
entrepreneurs’ manufacturers are now poised to develop and deploy break-through
battery technology”. Furthermore the Prime Minister also said India's economy
and reforms were on the move in this direction. Moreover convenient mobility
means safe, affordable and accessible for all sections of the society and this
includes the elderly, the women and the specially-abled.
Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu Accordingly life in Jammu and Kashmir was adversely affected on Friday due to a protest shutdown called against the terror strike in the valley in which 45 CRPF personnel were killed in a suicide attack. Meanwhile the shutdown has been called by the Jammu Chamber of Commerce and Industry (JCCI), an influential body of local traders and industrialists.
- Telangana Municipalities good news for Families below poverty line
- CRPF Jawans victimized in Jammu & Kashmir
- Surprise Gift to Rahul Gandhi on Valentines Day
- 2 alliances in India, one under Rahul Gandhi and a 'gatbandhan' which has no leader: Amit Shah
- Arya & Sayyeshaa getting engaged to each other
- Pinnacle Blooms - Helping special kids
- Forest department eyeing Chinnathambi!
- Kamal Hassan praises woman!
- Captain Vijayakanth coming soon!
- Trump still adds to sources not requiring congressional approval
- New inmate into TDP from MLA Nandamuri Balakrishna's Family
- Will Anti Corruption Bureau in Delhi be controlled as per instructions from SC?
- KCR Govt plans to illuminate Charminar with 190-watt LED light
- Kotii Group - On the name of god celebrating 9th Anniversary
- When will Tamilnadu Districts be upgraded as Corporations?