According to sources from New Delhi Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday said that the government would soon put in place a new policy to promote the use of electric vehicles in the country and fight against climate change. He said "We want to build India as a driver in electric vehicles and we will soon put in place a stable policy regime around electric and other automated vehicles. Clean mobility powered by clean energy is our most powerful weapon in our fight against climate change”.
He said “This means a pollution free clean drive, leading to clean air and better living standards for our people” and his vision for the future of mobility in India is based on 7 Cs common, connected, convenient, congestion free, charged, clean, cutting-edge." Meanwhile he was speaking at the 'Global Mobility Summit' in New Delhi, in which a number of industry leaders, including Suzuki Motor Corporation Chairman Osamu Suzuki, participated. Furthermore charged mobility, Modi said, was the way forward.
He added "We want to drive investments across the value chain from
batteries to smart charging to electric vehicle manufacturing and almost India's
entrepreneurs’ manufacturers are now poised to develop and deploy break-through
battery technology”. Furthermore the Prime Minister also said India's economy
and reforms were on the move in this direction. Moreover convenient mobility
means safe, affordable and accessible for all sections of the society and this
includes the elderly, the women and the specially-abled.
Andhra Man found under Moving Train, Escaped miraculously Watch this VIDEO! As per report a man in Andhra Pradesh who found himself under a moving train had a miraculous escape on Saturday at Anantapur railway station. Meanwhile a video of the man lying down on the railway tracks while the train was seen moving over him has gone viral on social media.
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Kundli-Manesar-Palwal (KMP) Expressway in Gurgaon
- Telangana Polls : TRS Vs Mahakutami - Ramana promises Mahakutami will bring down KCR family
- Revanth Ready set to score a hat-trick this time
- Dog meat controversy catches fire!
- CM yet to visit Delta - The reasons?
- People surround ministers in Orathanadu!
- Rain warnings for Delta districts!
- Not mandatory to provide Aadhaar to appear for Neet, UGC & CBSE exams
- TN DMK Party contributes 1 crore towards Cyclone relief activities
- Why Donald Trump stops Military Aid to Pakistan?
- Prabhas is in talks with a motor bike company for endorsement deals
- Major Political Parties in Telangana gearing up for campaigning
- Mickey Mouse character turned 90 on Sunday
- More Rain anticipated in Tamilnadu from November 19
- Cyclone Gaja death toll in TN rose from 33 to 45