Accordingly British Airways (BA) on Friday said personal and financial data of its nearly 380,000 customers who booked online on its website and mobile app has been compromised. Furthermore when urging the customers to immediately contact their banks after their credit cards details were compromised, the airways said it was investigating the theft that happened between August 21 and September 5.
BA said in a statement "We are investigating, as a matter of urgency, the theft of customer data from our website and our mobile app and the stolen data did not include travel or passport details”. Moreover from 22:58 BST August 21 2018 until 21:45 BST September 5 2018 inclusive, the personal and financial details of customers making bookings on our website and app were compromised.
The statement added "The breach has been resolved and our website is
working normally. We have notified the police and relevant authorities"
and moreover the airways said if you believe you have been affected, please
contact your bank or credit card provider and follow their recommended advice. Further
BA said, adding the airways will be contacting affected customers directly to
advise them of what has happened and "We are deeply sorry for the
disruption that this criminal activity has caused. We take the protection of
our customers' data very seriously".
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!