Hyderabad sources stated that former Assembly Speaker and senior leader of the Congress party Suresh Reddy announced that he was joining the Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) party. Meanwhile after holding a long discussion with caretaker IT minister K Taraka Rama Rao (KTR), the senior leader announced his decision. Previously, KTR visited Suresh Reddy's residence and invited him to join the TRS.
Further when speaking to media after the discussion, KTR announced that Suresh Reddy was invited to the party, keeping in mind the latter's longstanding friendship with caretaker Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao (KCR). KTR said "Former Speaker Suresh Reddy and caretaker CM KCR have been friends since 1989, since then, the two leaders had worked together in the Assembly for the achievement of statehood to Telangana. Meanwhile irrespective of parties and ideologies, the two always shared similar opinions on issues pertaining to Telangana's welfare”.
Moreover when speaking on the occasion, Suresh Reddy said that he was
joining the TRS to contribute to the development of Telangana and that there
was no political motive behind his decision. He said "TRS Chief KCR has
already announced the list of contestants from various constituencies. He is
not joining the TRS for political gain, but he would like to associate with the
people of Telangana, on the government's behalf”.
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!