Chennai sources added that Madras high court has directed the Directorate of Vigilance and Anti-Corruption (DVAC) wing to file a report on the progress made on the complaint alleging corruption charges against Chief Minister Edappadi K Palaniswami. Meanwhile Justice A.D.Jagadish Chandira, before whom a petition filed by DMK organizing secretary and Rajya Sabha member R. S. Bharathy, came up for further hearing on Friday, gave the direction to the DVAC.
Furthermore in a petition filed Bharathi sought for a direction to the DVAC to register a case against Palaniswami in connection with corruption charges leveled against him for amassing wealth disproportionate to the known sources of income. Reports added four weeks after the court slammed the DVAC and directing the wing to conduct a probe ‘as expeditiously as possible’ on a similar ‘disproportionate assets’ complaint leveled against Deputy Chief Minister O. Panneerselvam by Bharathi, the DMK leader filed the present plea before the court.
the petitioner submitted that on June 13 this year, the DMK had lodged a
complaint with the DVAC, seeking a probe into ‘disproportionate assets’
allegedly amassed by Palaniswami. Moreover during the previous hearing,
advocate general Vijay Narayan informed the judge that after holding the
preliminary probe, the draft final report had been sent to the DVAC on August
28 last and it was up to the agency to take action.
Rahul Gandhi called Congress Workers been Lathi charged as "dictatorship under PM Modi" New Delhi sources stated that declaring that "dictatorship has become a vocation" in Prime Minister Narendra Modi's regime, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi today said that people in Chhattisgarh will remember the attack on his party's workers in Bilaspur as an act of "political persecution".
- Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24
- Who is the Baahubali of Telangana?
- Yusaku Maezawa, founder & CEO of Zozo, First Tourist to Moon
- Domestic fuel prices continued to scale new height
- Heavy rains expected today as well!