Chennai sources added that Madras high court has directed the Directorate of Vigilance and Anti-Corruption (DVAC) wing to file a report on the progress made on the complaint alleging corruption charges against Chief Minister Edappadi K Palaniswami. Meanwhile Justice A.D.Jagadish Chandira, before whom a petition filed by DMK organizing secretary and Rajya Sabha member R. S. Bharathy, came up for further hearing on Friday, gave the direction to the DVAC.
Furthermore in a petition filed Bharathi sought for a direction to the DVAC to register a case against Palaniswami in connection with corruption charges leveled against him for amassing wealth disproportionate to the known sources of income. Reports added four weeks after the court slammed the DVAC and directing the wing to conduct a probe ‘as expeditiously as possible’ on a similar ‘disproportionate assets’ complaint leveled against Deputy Chief Minister O. Panneerselvam by Bharathi, the DMK leader filed the present plea before the court.
the petitioner submitted that on June 13 this year, the DMK had lodged a
complaint with the DVAC, seeking a probe into ‘disproportionate assets’
allegedly amassed by Palaniswami. Moreover during the previous hearing,
advocate general Vijay Narayan informed the judge that after holding the
preliminary probe, the draft final report had been sent to the DVAC on August
28 last and it was up to the agency to take action.
Cryptocurrency - The basics and all you need to know Cryptocurrency is a digital currency which is a medium of exchange. The transactions are verified and secured through cryptographic Methods, cryptocurrencies are made as database entries which can't be modified without meeting specific requirements.
- Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million