According to sources Makkal Neethi Maiam founder president Kamal Hassan condemned the detention of Swaraj Abhiyan leader Yogendra Yadav near Tiruvannamalai when he was on his way to express solidarity with farmers protesting against the proposed Salem-Chennai Expressway project. Meanwhile Kamal Hassan called Yogendra Yadav 'brother' and said "a politician from a different state" had come to learn about the opinion of the farmers of our state".
Hassan said in a statement "This act is to be criticized and condemned, as it prevents opinions from being shared and is an act of dictatorship". Reports added that people should have the freedom to express their views without fear, the actor turned politician added. Recently the Swaraj Abhiyan leader tweeted that he was "manhandled" and pushed into a police van.
He said "We came on the invitation of Movement Against 8Lane Way and
we were prevented from going to meet farmers, phones were snatched, we were
roughed up and pushed into the police van, firsthand experience of police state
in TN”. Moreover Yadav said he had come here for fact finding on land
acquisition when he was stopped from proceeding. Furthermore the project, a
Central government initiative being implemented by the Tamilnadu government,
aims to bring down the travel time between Salem and Chennai.
Migrants figures shown a negative growth of 11.6% from Kerala Accordingly a new study says factors like the declining population in the 19-25 age groups and stagnant wages in the Gulf countries could be responsible for migration from Kerala declining 11% between 2013 and 2018. S. Irudayarajan, who led the Kerala Migration Survey (KMS) 2018 told reporters in Thiruvananthapuram
- Uber's Food delivery launched Insurance Program in partnership with Tata AIG
- Investigation about Sewing Needle hidden in Strawberries
- Karnataka Govt reduced state taxes on petrol & diesel
- Is YS Jagan caught in a trap?
- Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh testifies hearing before Senate Judiciary Committee
- Major Fire Accident at Kanya Cinema Theater, Visakhapatnam
- T Rajendar coming to Thiruvarur?
- Auto driver attacked for questioning BJP leader on Petrol price hike!
- Yet again Petrol Price goes up...
- Case against Thirumurugan Gandhi dismissed!
- H Raja's words will help fascism!
- H Raja receives High court order!
- Babies born yesterday on PM Modi's birthday gifted gold rings at Chennai
- TN couple received Petrol as Marriage Gift!!!
- Ramdev will not campaign for BJP in 2019 elections