According to sources Makkal Neethi Maiam founder president Kamal Hassan condemned the detention of Swaraj Abhiyan leader Yogendra Yadav near Tiruvannamalai when he was on his way to express solidarity with farmers protesting against the proposed Salem-Chennai Expressway project. Meanwhile Kamal Hassan called Yogendra Yadav 'brother' and said "a politician from a different state" had come to learn about the opinion of the farmers of our state".
Hassan said in a statement "This act is to be criticized and condemned, as it prevents opinions from being shared and is an act of dictatorship". Reports added that people should have the freedom to express their views without fear, the actor turned politician added. Recently the Swaraj Abhiyan leader tweeted that he was "manhandled" and pushed into a police van.
He said "We came on the invitation of Movement Against 8Lane Way and
we were prevented from going to meet farmers, phones were snatched, we were
roughed up and pushed into the police van, firsthand experience of police state
in TN”. Moreover Yadav said he had come here for fact finding on land
acquisition when he was stopped from proceeding. Furthermore the project, a
Central government initiative being implemented by the Tamilnadu government,
aims to bring down the travel time between Salem and Chennai.
TN Govt plans to introduce Board Exams for Class 5 & 8 Accordingly Tamilnadu government is going to introduce board examinations for the students of class 5 and class 8, in addition to the already existing public exams for students in classes 10, 11 and 12. Meanwhile according to a circular issued to all the district education offices, the third term exams conducted in schools will henceforth be conducted as public exams. These exams will have common question papers for all the schools in Tamilnadu.
- Guntur District farmer committed suicide, doubts raised
- UK no longer preferred market for Indian investment due to Brexit factor
- Pakistan Cricketers portrait removed from HPCA
- From a farmer's son to People's Hero - Dr. Koti Reddy Saripalli
- DMK Congress deal soon!
- What's the problem for DMDK?
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again
- Is Nagarjuna making his Political entry?
- Why Rahul Gandhi made a surprise visit to AP Bhawan?