According to sources Makkal Neethi Maiam founder president Kamal Hassan condemned the detention of Swaraj Abhiyan leader Yogendra Yadav near Tiruvannamalai when he was on his way to express solidarity with farmers protesting against the proposed Salem-Chennai Expressway project. Meanwhile Kamal Hassan called Yogendra Yadav 'brother' and said "a politician from a different state" had come to learn about the opinion of the farmers of our state".
Hassan said in a statement "This act is to be criticized and condemned, as it prevents opinions from being shared and is an act of dictatorship". Reports added that people should have the freedom to express their views without fear, the actor turned politician added. Recently the Swaraj Abhiyan leader tweeted that he was "manhandled" and pushed into a police van.
He said "We came on the invitation of Movement Against 8Lane Way and
we were prevented from going to meet farmers, phones were snatched, we were
roughed up and pushed into the police van, firsthand experience of police state
in TN”. Moreover Yadav said he had come here for fact finding on land
acquisition when he was stopped from proceeding. Furthermore the project, a
Central government initiative being implemented by the Tamilnadu government,
aims to bring down the travel time between Salem and Chennai.
Is KCRs daughter-in-law richer than his son KTR? Hyderabad sources stated that Telangana CM K.T. Rama Rao and his wife have total assets of over Rs 41 crore, according to the affidavit submitted by him to the election authorities on Monday while filing the nomination for next month's Assembly election. Meanwhile K. Shailima owns assets worth Rs 36.68 crore, her husband are only worth Rs 4.93 crore and their daughter K. Alekhya has a bank balance
- Chilli attack on Delhi CM!
- Schools and colleges on leave in Chennai!
- Sushma Swaraj quits election politics!
- Cyclone Gaja razes Sugarcane crops, scarcity during Pongal
- Protests at Sabarimala were part of Sangh Agenda: Pinarayi
- Indian-American elected as president of Harvard University Undergraduate Council
- Transgender filed nomination for Telangana Elections
- Chandrababu Naidu, Mamata Banerjee discuss alliance, put off meet
- Tamilnadu CM visited Cyclone Gaja hit areas
- Why Ivanka Trump sent Official emails from Personal email Account?
- Firing at Chicago Mercy Hospital kills 3
- Indian Cricket Team's Bus Driver reveals about Dhoni, Raina, Kohli
- Is Tamilnadu a Garbhagriha if India is a Temple
- GST Council reduces tax rates
- Kollywood Actors pitch in for Cyclone Gaja