Tamilnadu has been facing various social injustice issues, and a recent incident that happened in Villupuram has given a Shocking question on democracy. Salamedu is a village located in Villupuram. People of this area had been protesting against the presence of a TASMAC shop in the locality.
They cited reasons that the TASMAC shop was causing troubled to women and that school children were impacted by the shop while also accusing of a huge crowd present always around that shop. After massive protests and following petitions to collector the TASMAC shop was closed after 3 months.
Now the same locality people have
protested against another TASMAC shop being too distant and demanded reopening
of the same shop nearby which they protested earlier to close and highlight was
this protest being lead by women. While several women supported this, several
opposed and police who came to disperse the crowd were caught between rival
Hyderabad Police booked 12 Websites for publishing defamatory article Hyderabad sources made a statement that after taking swift action on websites that posted news of a rumored affair between film actor Prabhas and Y.S. Sharmila, sister of YSRCP chief Y.S Jaganmohan Reddy, the Hyderabad Police sent notices to 12 websites which have published such defamatory articles and videos.
- GHMC shelving its plan to revise property tax rates
- Again old rupee notes in Chennai!
- World's first genetically modified child!
- Edappadi checks food quality!
- Will DMK intervene in Mekedatu project?
- Prakash Raj to contest election as an Independent from Bengaluru-Central constituency
- Religion politics have not fared well in the South
- Paytm's New Feature adds benefit to Partner Merchants
- Deepika Padukone titled World's Most Beautiful Bride
- Amazon's New Year Sale delivery makes Record!!!
- Lord Vishnu statue carved from a monolithic block reached Singarapettai
- Jio New Year Offer recharges done between December 28, 2018, to January 31, 2019
- 437 CCTV Cameras installed in Chennai, Kilpauk Jurisdiction
- High Court Justice orders 37 ISPs to block 12,000 Websites
- Trump cancelled his own participation in Davos, citing row over his proposed wall