The TN Cabinet meeting held yesterday and presided over by the chief minister Edapadi Palanisamy to discuss on the release of the 7 Tamils from prison and it was decided by the house to recommend to the governor to release them.
The supreme court had last week announced that the Tamilnadu government can recommend the release of the 7 accused in the Rajiv Gandhi murder case, including Murugan, Santhan, Perarivalan. Robert. Ravichandran, Nalini, and Jayakumar.
Following this verdict, the cabinet had met yesterday to discuss on the same, and after consultation with law experts, it was decided by the government to recommend the release of the 7 accused, and the opposition parties to reach an agreement on this case. Following this a resolution was made to recommend to the governor, as per section 161, this has been made, said minister Jayakumar. Now, the governor has to decide on whether to release them or not.
Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday Reportedly ahead of Former Chief Minister and AIADMK supreme Jayalalitha’s birth anniversary, the Madras High Court on Wednesday refused to relax its ban on registered political parties installing flex boards, digital banners or placards on arterial roads in or any other roads in the State. Recently a Division Bench comprising of Justices M Sathyanarayanan and M Nirmal Kumar rejected
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu