According to report after stepping up preparations for the conduct of Assembly elections in Telangana, the Election Commission of India (EC) announced that the final voter list will be published on October 8. Meanwhile the poll panel suspended the ongoing process of revision of electoral rolls in the wake of premature dissolution of the state Assembly and declared a new schedule for revision.
As per report Telangana's Chief Electoral Officer Rajat Kumar said under the new schedule, integrated draft electoral roll will be published on September 10. Furthermore claims and objections can be filed from September 10 to September 25 while disposal of claims and objections will be taken up on October 4, while updating database and printing of supplement will be completed before October 7.
Accordingly October 8 will be the date for final
publication of the electoral roll, which means elections may be held any time
after this date. Moreover as per the schedule announced earlier, all new voters
who will complete the age of 18 on January 1, 2019, would be eligible to submit
applications to include their names in the voter list. Further the EC has
indicated that the polls in Telangana could be held at the year-end along with
four other states where elections are due. Further the poll panel announced
that it will send a team to Telangana on September 11 to study the poll
preparedness of state machinery.
Is KCRs daughter-in-law richer than his son KTR? Hyderabad sources stated that Telangana CM K.T. Rama Rao and his wife have total assets of over Rs 41 crore, according to the affidavit submitted by him to the election authorities on Monday while filing the nomination for next month's Assembly election. Meanwhile K. Shailima owns assets worth Rs 36.68 crore, her husband are only worth Rs 4.93 crore and their daughter K. Alekhya has a bank balance
- Chilli attack on Delhi CM!
- Schools and colleges on leave in Chennai!
- Sushma Swaraj quits election politics!
- Cyclone Gaja razes Sugarcane crops, scarcity during Pongal
- Protests at Sabarimala were part of Sangh Agenda: Pinarayi
- Indian-American elected as president of Harvard University Undergraduate Council
- Transgender filed nomination for Telangana Elections
- Chandrababu Naidu, Mamata Banerjee discuss alliance, put off meet
- Tamilnadu CM visited Cyclone Gaja hit areas
- Why Ivanka Trump sent Official emails from Personal email Account?
- Firing at Chicago Mercy Hospital kills 3
- Indian Cricket Team's Bus Driver reveals about Dhoni, Raina, Kohli
- Is Tamilnadu a Garbhagriha if India is a Temple
- GST Council reduces tax rates
- Kollywood Actors pitch in for Cyclone Gaja