According to report after stepping up preparations for the conduct of Assembly elections in Telangana, the Election Commission of India (EC) announced that the final voter list will be published on October 8. Meanwhile the poll panel suspended the ongoing process of revision of electoral rolls in the wake of premature dissolution of the state Assembly and declared a new schedule for revision.
As per report Telangana's Chief Electoral Officer Rajat Kumar said under the new schedule, integrated draft electoral roll will be published on September 10. Furthermore claims and objections can be filed from September 10 to September 25 while disposal of claims and objections will be taken up on October 4, while updating database and printing of supplement will be completed before October 7.
Accordingly October 8 will be the date for final
publication of the electoral roll, which means elections may be held any time
after this date. Moreover as per the schedule announced earlier, all new voters
who will complete the age of 18 on January 1, 2019, would be eligible to submit
applications to include their names in the voter list. Further the EC has
indicated that the polls in Telangana could be held at the year-end along with
four other states where elections are due. Further the poll panel announced
that it will send a team to Telangana on September 11 to study the poll
preparedness of state machinery.
TN Govt plans to introduce Board Exams for Class 5 & 8 Accordingly Tamilnadu government is going to introduce board examinations for the students of class 5 and class 8, in addition to the already existing public exams for students in classes 10, 11 and 12. Meanwhile according to a circular issued to all the district education offices, the third term exams conducted in schools will henceforth be conducted as public exams. These exams will have common question papers for all the schools in Tamilnadu.
- Guntur District farmer committed suicide, doubts raised
- UK no longer preferred market for Indian investment due to Brexit factor
- Pakistan Cricketers portrait removed from HPCA
- From a farmer's son to People's Hero - Dr. Koti Reddy Saripalli
- DMK Congress deal soon!
- What's the problem for DMDK?
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again
- Is Nagarjuna making his Political entry?
- Why Rahul Gandhi made a surprise visit to AP Bhawan?