Chennai sources stated that the Tamilnadu Cabinet recommended to Governor Banwarilal Purohit to release all the seven convicts in the Rajiv Gandhi assassination case by invoking his powers under Art 161 of the Constitution. Meanwhile a reporter asked minister Jayakumar if it was alright to release the convicts involved in the brutal killing of an ex-PM. “All that is past and the CBI probe and investigation is past. What is present? The Tamil people want their release”, shot back the minister.
Reports added the seven convicts Murugan alias Sriharan, Nalini Sriharan, Santhan, A.G. Perarivalan, Jayakumar, Ravichandran, Robert Payas have been in jail for the last 27 years amid several mercy petitions, court hearings, political rallies and human rights campaigns for their release. Accordingly Perarivalan’s mother Arputhammal, who has been fighting relentlessly through the years for his release, choked with emotion while expressing gratitude to the government as she faced the TV cameras soon after meeting CM Palaniswami with a bouquet of flowers.
Furthermore the initiative was inspired by the Supreme Court directive to
the TN Governor on Thursday to consider the mercy plea of Perarivalan and take
a decision as “deemed fit” and the government decided to stretch the relief to
cover not just Perarivalan but all the seven.
Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD Accordingly a cyclone alert has been issued for the northern coastal region of the state of Andhra Pradesh with the Indian Meteorological Department predicting 'very heavy to extremely heavy' rains in the region. Meanwhile the IMD has stated that depression has formed over west-central Bay of Bengal which could intensify into a cyclonic storm.
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers