New Delhi sources stated as per report that the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has imposed a monetary penalty of Rs 1 crore each on the Union Bank of India, Bank of India and Bank of Maharashtra for failing to detect and report fraud in certain accounts on time. Meanwhile the RBI, in three separate releases, said it has imposed a penalty of Rs 1 crore each on three state run banks.
Furthermore as per report according to its releases, the central bank on August 30 "imposed a monetary penalty of Rs 10 million" on the three banks for contravention of its instructions contained in Master Circular on Fraud Classification and Reporting.
Moreover the release stated the penalty has been imposed in exercise of
powers vested with the RBI under the provisions of Section 47A (1) (c) read
with Section 46 (4) (i) of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949 taking into account
delay on the part of the bank to report fraud in an account.
Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case? Dharmabad sources made a statement that in a jolt to Andhra Pradesh CM Nara Chandrababu Naidu and the Dharmbad Court yesterday rejected the recall petition filed by the advocates who represented him. Meanwhile in connection with the Babli project protests case, the Court ordered that Chandrababu, despite being a Chief Minister, should attend the Court proceedings.
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?