According to report the Election Commission (EC) will issue the schedule for Telangana Assembly Election in the second week of October, paving the way for the state to go to polls in the last week of November. Meanwhile the decision is being taken to ensure that an adequate number of Electronic Voting Machines, Voter Verified Paper Audit Trails (VVPATs) and police personnel are available for the smoother conduct of Telangana Elections. Accordingly the State EC is of the view that if five state elections are clubbed together in December, it could pose difficulty to conduct Telangana elections.
The EC had issued orders to stop revision of photo electoral rolls in Telangana which was to be done by January 1, 2019. Meanwhile the States Chief Electoral Officer, Rajat Kumar will submit a report to the EC on Monday on the Commission’s poll preparedness in the state. Furthermore a team from the EC will also be visiting Telangana on Tuesday to take stock of the situation on the ground.
Meanwhile soon after announcing elections the party
also came out with a list of 105 candidates out of the 115 assembly seats.
Further the ruling Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) is already in election mode
and plans to undertake 100 public meetings titled 'Prajala Aashirwad Sabha',
over the course of 50 days and the first such public meeting attended by Rao
was held at Husnabad in Siddipet district on September 7.
Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case? Dharmabad sources made a statement that in a jolt to Andhra Pradesh CM Nara Chandrababu Naidu and the Dharmbad Court yesterday rejected the recall petition filed by the advocates who represented him. Meanwhile in connection with the Babli project protests case, the Court ordered that Chandrababu, despite being a Chief Minister, should attend the Court proceedings.
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?