According to sources in Sirsi the bandh was partially followed and auto-rickshaws plied on the roads as usual. Meanwhile in Ankola, miscreants were seen imposing the bandh, where they ransacked a sweet mart and a spectacle shop in the town. Accordingly no untoward incident was reported from any part of the district barring some stray incidents.
Meanwhile Sathish Sail, former Congress MLA, said that the bandh is the expression of the anger of the people against Modi government’s anti-poor policy, but BJP criticized the state government for becoming a party to the bandh by withdrawing buses and closing educational institutions.
Reports added the Bharat Bandh called by the Congress in protest against
the hike in the fuel price evoked a mixed response in Uttara Kannada district. Furthermore
the government had closed schools and colleges and had withdrawn buses in some
places. Moreover in Karwar, shops remained closed but the government offices
and financial institutions like banks and insurance offices functioned normally.
Further Congress workers led by Satish Sail took out a bike rally asking shop owners
to down the shutters and the people were seen blaming the KSRTC authorities for
withdrawing the city buses without any provocation.
4 soldiers die in a fight! Earlier yesterday morning, the defense forces had a gunfight with militants in terrorist prone Pulwama area in Jammu and Kashmir, and in this fight, 4 soldiers lost their lives. Today morning, the defense forces started an encounter operation against terrorists hiding in Pinglan area of Pulwama district.
- Kamal slams Rajinikanth
- KPN Travels - A Bus Service which would make you regret
- Pulwama attacker's father blames Indian security forces for his son turning into terrorist
- Telangana will have 33 districts from now onwards
- Police arrested Kashmiri student for making insensitive posts about Pulwama terror attack
- Mamata Banerjee condemned Pulwama attack, strong action against Pakistan
- Rajinikanth warned Media not to use his photograph for LS Polls 2019
- Pakistan Authorities cancelled registration of a school for playing Indian song & Flag
- Contribute to CRPF Families through this websites
- EPS spends 15 crores on ads!
- Chinnathambi locked in cage!
- No to BJP says Sarathkumar!
- Student thanks minister for slipper
- BIG BREAKING - Supreme court dismisses Vedanta 's plea to reopen #Sterlite plant in Tuticorin
- Cryptocurrency - The basics and all you need to know