According to sources in Sirsi the bandh was partially followed and auto-rickshaws plied on the roads as usual. Meanwhile in Ankola, miscreants were seen imposing the bandh, where they ransacked a sweet mart and a spectacle shop in the town. Accordingly no untoward incident was reported from any part of the district barring some stray incidents.
Meanwhile Sathish Sail, former Congress MLA, said that the bandh is the expression of the anger of the people against Modi government’s anti-poor policy, but BJP criticized the state government for becoming a party to the bandh by withdrawing buses and closing educational institutions.
Reports added the Bharat Bandh called by the Congress in protest against
the hike in the fuel price evoked a mixed response in Uttara Kannada district. Furthermore
the government had closed schools and colleges and had withdrawn buses in some
places. Moreover in Karwar, shops remained closed but the government offices
and financial institutions like banks and insurance offices functioned normally.
Further Congress workers led by Satish Sail took out a bike rally asking shop owners
to down the shutters and the people were seen blaming the KSRTC authorities for
withdrawing the city buses without any provocation.
PM Modi felicitated winning teams of Singapore-India Hackathon Singapore sources reported that Prime Minister Narendra Modi today felicitated the six winning teams, including three from India, of the first India-Singapore Hackathon, a platform for the youth of the two countries to harness and showcase their innovations. Accordingly the top six teams, three each from India and Singapore, participated in a 36 hour Hackathon Grande Finale in Singapore.
- Social Activist Trupti Desai urged PM ensuring security for her visit to Sabarimala Temple
- Karunanidhi's Life Size Statue to be unveiled on December 16
- . Indian-American to replace Justice Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit Court of Appeals
- Gaja impacts throughout the state!
- Smriti Trolls DeepVeer!
- 13 year old dies in boxing contest!
- TN govt ready to face Gaja!
- Automated baggage check-in facility introduced for passengers in Bengaluru Airport
- Railway suspects passengers for missing Bed sheets & Towels in A/c Coaches
- KCR has No Loans, No Cars in his name
- Pawan Kalyans shocking comments on BJP
- Multi pronged strategy adopted by Telangana Cops to prevent Maoists threat
- Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi & Anil Ambani in Rafael Deal
- Cyclone Gaja expected with more anticipation in Chennai
- Deepika-Ranveer MARRIED in Italy