According to sources in Sirsi the bandh was partially followed and auto-rickshaws plied on the roads as usual. Meanwhile in Ankola, miscreants were seen imposing the bandh, where they ransacked a sweet mart and a spectacle shop in the town. Accordingly no untoward incident was reported from any part of the district barring some stray incidents.
Meanwhile Sathish Sail, former Congress MLA, said that the bandh is the expression of the anger of the people against Modi government’s anti-poor policy, but BJP criticized the state government for becoming a party to the bandh by withdrawing buses and closing educational institutions.
Reports added the Bharat Bandh called by the Congress in protest against
the hike in the fuel price evoked a mixed response in Uttara Kannada district. Furthermore
the government had closed schools and colleges and had withdrawn buses in some
places. Moreover in Karwar, shops remained closed but the government offices
and financial institutions like banks and insurance offices functioned normally.
Further Congress workers led by Satish Sail took out a bike rally asking shop owners
to down the shutters and the people were seen blaming the KSRTC authorities for
withdrawing the city buses without any provocation.
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!