Chennai sources reported that in a sensational case of bank fraud in the state, a Tamilnadu based firm has been accused of defrauding the State Bank of India to the tune of Rs 90 crore. Accordingly Indhumathi Refineries Private Limited in Virudhunagar district, Tamilnadu, is alleged to have defrauded the State Bank of India by using fake invoices in exchange for obtaining Letters of Credit (LoC) from the bank.
As per report, the fraud was discovered when the firm’s invoices from companies to obtain up to 46 LoCs were discovered to have been falsified. Meanwhile they turned out to be fake invoices from bogus companies drawn up in order to obtain the LoCs. Furthermore following this, the SBI approached the CBI's Bank Securities and Fraud Cell in Bengaluru. Moreover the CBI then filed an FIR and charge sheet against the firm’s proprietor R Shenbagan in addition to R Rajan, Raji Shenbagan, Thirumagal Rajan as well as employees of the firm and the bank itself.
Further following the CBI charge sheet, on Saturday, the Enforcement
Directorate raided nine properties of Indhumathi Refineries Private Limited in
Virudhunagar district in connection with the alleged money laundering. Reports added
the raids also took place at the properties of the firm’s proprietor R
Shenbagan, in Madurai and Coimbatore, where the Enforcement Directorate
officials said that they have filed a case against the firm under the
Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA).
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!