Amaravathi sources reported that Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu on Monday announced a reduction of tax on petrol and diesel by Rs 2 a litre each, in the state. Meanwhile the announcement, which came amid nationwide Bharat Bandh protests called by Congress and opposition parties against the rise in fuel prices and depreciation of the rupee, was made in the state assembly.
Previously the central government has been imposing a heavy burden on people by steeply increasing the prices of petrol and diesel despite heavy income in the form of various levies and dividends. Even though the state is faced with a deficit budget, we have decided to reduce the tax and ease the burden on people". Presently the Andhra Pradesh government is levying 31% Value Added Tax plus Rs 4 as additional tax per litre of petrol and diesel and a senior official of the Commercial Taxes Department said separately the additional tax component is now being reduced to Rs 2 a litre.
Furthermore consequently, the price of petrol is expected to come down to
Rs 84.71 a litre and diesel Rs 77.98 from Tuesday morning when the tax cut
comes into effect. Earlier Naidu had criticized the centre over continues fuel
price hike and said that soon petrol and diesel would be sold at a whopping Rs
100 per litre and the rupee will further fall to Rs 100 against US dollar.
Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process Washington sources reported that Secretary of State Mike Pompeo set a deadline by which North Korea must denuclearize, saying that the process must be completed by January 2021, when President Donald Trump's current term would end. Meanwhile in a statement, Pompeo also expressed his desire to meet with his North Korean counterpart, Ri Yong-ho, next week in New York during the United Nations General Assembly.
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers
- PM Narendra Modi catapults more projects in Varanasi
- Hong Kong based airline painted out error in Company's Name
- Big win for Women Rights activists in Muslim Community in india