Bengaluru sources stated that Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy on Monday demanded that Oil Marketing Companies (OMC) release additional LPG connections for the state's Mukhya Mantri Anila Bhagya Yojana (MMABY). Meanwhile an official statement stated that Kumaraswamy met Union Petroleum Minister Dharmendra Pradhan on Monday to seek his directions, saying that MMABY was "complementary" to the Central government's Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY).
Moreover Pradhan assured Kumaraswamy that he would examine the matter and consider it favorably. Accordingly the MMABY in which the beneficiary family is provided with gas connection, gas stove and two refills free of cost aims at universalizing the LPG usage and cover families which cannot be covered under the PMUY.
The statement said "OMCs had informed that they need to ramp up their
resources in terms of availability of gas cylinders, regulators, and suraksha
tube to release more than 50,000 MMABY connections every month”. Further in
order to realize the goal of kerosene free Karnataka, the connection release
capacity for MMABY should be increased to 1.5-2 lakh connections per month
along with the provision to pay the security deposit on behalf of the
beneficiaries to the distributors.
PM Modi felicitated winning teams of Singapore-India Hackathon Singapore sources reported that Prime Minister Narendra Modi today felicitated the six winning teams, including three from India, of the first India-Singapore Hackathon, a platform for the youth of the two countries to harness and showcase their innovations. Accordingly the top six teams, three each from India and Singapore, participated in a 36 hour Hackathon Grande Finale in Singapore.
- Social Activist Trupti Desai urged PM ensuring security for her visit to Sabarimala Temple
- Karunanidhi's Life Size Statue to be unveiled on December 16
- . Indian-American to replace Justice Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit Court of Appeals
- Gaja impacts throughout the state!
- Smriti Trolls DeepVeer!
- 13 year old dies in boxing contest!
- TN govt ready to face Gaja!
- Automated baggage check-in facility introduced for passengers in Bengaluru Airport
- Railway suspects passengers for missing Bed sheets & Towels in A/c Coaches
- KCR has No Loans, No Cars in his name
- Pawan Kalyans shocking comments on BJP
- Multi pronged strategy adopted by Telangana Cops to prevent Maoists threat
- Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi & Anil Ambani in Rafael Deal
- Cyclone Gaja expected with more anticipation in Chennai
- Deepika-Ranveer MARRIED in Italy