Bengaluru sources stated that Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy on Monday demanded that Oil Marketing Companies (OMC) release additional LPG connections for the state's Mukhya Mantri Anila Bhagya Yojana (MMABY). Meanwhile an official statement stated that Kumaraswamy met Union Petroleum Minister Dharmendra Pradhan on Monday to seek his directions, saying that MMABY was "complementary" to the Central government's Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY).
Moreover Pradhan assured Kumaraswamy that he would examine the matter and consider it favorably. Accordingly the MMABY in which the beneficiary family is provided with gas connection, gas stove and two refills free of cost aims at universalizing the LPG usage and cover families which cannot be covered under the PMUY.
The statement said "OMCs had informed that they need to ramp up their
resources in terms of availability of gas cylinders, regulators, and suraksha
tube to release more than 50,000 MMABY connections every month”. Further in
order to realize the goal of kerosene free Karnataka, the connection release
capacity for MMABY should be increased to 1.5-2 lakh connections per month
along with the provision to pay the security deposit on behalf of the
beneficiaries to the distributors.
Trump speech right to dispute allegations by Stormy Daniels on Twitter Los Angeles sources stated that President Donald Trump likely had a free speech right to make a Twitter comment disputing allegations by adult film actress Stormy Daniels, a federal judge said on Monday, indicating he was inclined to dismiss her defamation lawsuit against Trump. Meanwhile Daniels, whose real name
- Amit Shah launched a blistering attack on Congress at Bhopal
- Chennai Snake Park to design App for snake bite treatment
- Will TN people join Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan for nominating PM Modi for Nobel Peace Prize?
- Incessant rain triggered flash floods & landslides in Northern India
- MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!