The Chennai high court has warned that if the government indulges in acts like confiscation of lands, and cutting of trees for the Salem 8 way road, the court will ban the whole 8 way road project plan itself. In the name of greenways road, the TN government had been seizing lands for the Chennai - Salem highway project, and as a part of this many agricultural lands and traditional buildings were seized.
In such a situation, the Chennai high court has given an all important announcement, Lands were being seized in areas like Krishnagiri, Dharmapuri, Salem, Kanchipuram and Tiruvannamalai, and the farmers of these areas were fighting against this practice.
The court has questioned the TN
government on how they can cut trees despite ban, and where was a mention of
cutting trees in the road project plan, and also asked, will the government be
okay with people capturing the lands of government officials like how they had
seized people's lands, and finally said that if the government keeps doing such
unlawful acts, the project will be scrapped.
Phethai cyclone won't be a threat to TN! The new cyclone that has been formed in the south east Bay of Bengal and the Indian ocean areas around it, has been named as Phethai, and it has been said that this cyclone won't be of much trouble for Tamilnadu and will have minimal rainfalls. Within the next 24 hours, in the southeast Bay of Bengal and the Indian Ocean areas, there will be a low pressure trough formation, and this will become
- Stalin wishes Sonia Gandhi!
- Thirumavalavan confirms no PMK with DMK!
- Congress ahead in Rajasthan & Chhattisgarh
- Protests before Kerala CM residence!
- Congress Leads in Chhattisgarh,Rajasthan, TRS in Telangana
- #TelanganaElections2018 - Zero chances for Lotus to Bloom anywhere in South India
- #TelanganaElections2018 - TRS got 77% of the Polled votes and this is one of the best margins in Indian Democratic History
- Voter turnout in Hyderabad fell to a dismal figure of 48.9%
- Call centre for Women's Emergency helpline inaugurated in Chennai
- #AssemblyElections2018 - Track Live Updates
- #AssemblyElections2018 -A humongous victory for TRS surpassing 90 seat mark, Congress Leads in 3 states
- Counting of Votes for Telangana in full swing
- TRS Leading in Early Trends of Counting!!!
- Polling results from Rajasthan, Telangana, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh & Mizoram LIVE UPDATES
- Telangana Leaders took Four Days break before Counting of Votes