The Chennai high court has warned that if the government indulges in acts like confiscation of lands, and cutting of trees for the Salem 8 way road, the court will ban the whole 8 way road project plan itself. In the name of greenways road, the TN government had been seizing lands for the Chennai - Salem highway project, and as a part of this many agricultural lands and traditional buildings were seized.
In such a situation, the Chennai high court has given an all important announcement, Lands were being seized in areas like Krishnagiri, Dharmapuri, Salem, Kanchipuram and Tiruvannamalai, and the farmers of these areas were fighting against this practice.
The court has questioned the TN
government on how they can cut trees despite ban, and where was a mention of
cutting trees in the road project plan, and also asked, will the government be
okay with people capturing the lands of government officials like how they had
seized people's lands, and finally said that if the government keeps doing such
unlawful acts, the project will be scrapped.
CBI & ED likely to issue summons for questioning former ICICI Bank CEO Chanda Kochhar According to report CBI sources said former ICICI Bank CEO and MD Chanda Kochhar, her husband Deepak Kochhar and industrialist V.N. Dhoot in connection with the Rs 3,250 crore loan case involving the Videocon Group and ICICI Bank. Meanwhile the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) sources said the agency would initiate the summons as it had completed the scrutiny of documents
- SED of Tamilnadu mulling introducing board exams for classes 5 & 8
- Will YS Jagan become CM of AP as per survey?
- BJP leader wants Kanyakumari!
- Viral video of school students in trains!
- Measures were taken to stop water to Pakistan!
- Kamal says Thiruvarur gave family politics!
- Trump made no mention of China or Huawei, steps back from threat of full ban
- Fight between Swiggy & Zomato extends to takeover of Uber Eats
- Summer Season to be hotter than normal in Karnataka
- Congress questions BJP as either PM was completely oblivious to Pulwama attack
- Why Vijayakanth pretty unhappy with BJP-AIADMK response to DMDK ambition?
- YSRCP attacks TDP saying AP has 59 Lakh Fake Voters
- Telangana Govt announces Rs.25 Lakhs to Families of Pulwama attack jawans
- 2019 Elections testing waters for YS Jagan's stamina
- Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open