Hyderabad sources reported that the All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (AIMIM) on Monday released their list of candidates for the 2018 Telangana Assembly elections. Meanwhile the party, with its core support base in the old city area of Hyderabad, will be contesting in seven seats. Reports added of the seven seats that the party is contesting from, only two seats have witnessed changes in terms a shuffle in the candidates.
Furthermore the two seats that were shuffled were that of Mumtaz Ahmed Khan and Syed Ahmed Pasha Quadri. Mumtaz Ahmed Khan, the present MLA from Yakutpura constituency, will now contest from Charminar while AIMIM General Secretary and present Charminar legislator Syed Ahmed Pasha, will contest from Yakutpura.
Meanwhile Quadri is considered one of the AIMIM’s
strongest candidates and hence a close associate of former AIMIM chief
Salauddin Owasi, Quadri had won the Charminar constituency in 2004, 2009 and in
2014 assembly elections. Moreover the remaining five candidates have
retained their posts from the 2014 Assembly elections. Further Akbaruddin
Owaisi, the MLA from Chandrayangutta, who has won the constituency four
consecutive times, will continue to contest from his stronghold. He said “Our
goal is that public at large should benefit from voting for us and there should
be development especially for minorities like Muslims and Dalits”.
Muslims in Telangana state upset seeing attitude of political parties Hyderabad sources reported that no Muslim woman candidate has won the Assembly elections after 1957. Meanwhile only two Muslim woman candidates Shajahan Begum and Masooma Begum were elected from Shadnagar and Pathergatti constituencies. Accordingly Muslims in Telangana state are upset over the attitude of political parties in fielding Muslim candidates considering their population.
- A new memoir titled "Becoming" by Michelle Obama out
- Bengaluru likely to receive rainfall on November 16-17 & 22-23
- Swiggy plans to deploy Women as delivery personnel across India
- Has AP government misused Tirumala Tirupathi temple funds?
- Sexual abuser arrested finally!
- Infosys founder supports Modi!
- Downfall of Rajapakse govt!
- Gaja reaches Chennai!
- SC to hear 49 Review Petitions in Sabarimala Temple case
- PM Narendra Modi is in Singapore for East Asia Summit
- Melania Trump explicitly Donald Trump to oust Mira Ricardel
- Will traffic be ensured safely during rallies & processions?
- Sonali Bandre thanked her Hubby on their wedding day
- Sehwag challenges Kohli can't do it!
- Ice seller tries to commit suicide!