Hyderabad sources reported that the All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (AIMIM) on Monday released their list of candidates for the 2018 Telangana Assembly elections. Meanwhile the party, with its core support base in the old city area of Hyderabad, will be contesting in seven seats. Reports added of the seven seats that the party is contesting from, only two seats have witnessed changes in terms a shuffle in the candidates.
Furthermore the two seats that were shuffled were that of Mumtaz Ahmed Khan and Syed Ahmed Pasha Quadri. Mumtaz Ahmed Khan, the present MLA from Yakutpura constituency, will now contest from Charminar while AIMIM General Secretary and present Charminar legislator Syed Ahmed Pasha, will contest from Yakutpura.
Meanwhile Quadri is considered one of the AIMIM’s
strongest candidates and hence a close associate of former AIMIM chief
Salauddin Owasi, Quadri had won the Charminar constituency in 2004, 2009 and in
2014 assembly elections. Moreover the remaining five candidates have
retained their posts from the 2014 Assembly elections. Further Akbaruddin
Owaisi, the MLA from Chandrayangutta, who has won the constituency four
consecutive times, will continue to contest from his stronghold. He said “Our
goal is that public at large should benefit from voting for us and there should
be development especially for minorities like Muslims and Dalits”.
First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS) According to sources Arunachal Pradesh becomes the first State in North East India to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS), a solution developed by the Madras Security Printers, a company specializing in system integration and solutions for e-governance projects. Recently the End-to-end e-PDS system,
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?
- Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi