Chennai sources reported that harnessing solar energy through roof top panels will soon become a movement in Tamilnadu. It was stated that about 50 MW of grid connected rooftop solar systems will be installed shortly on government buildings across the state by this month end. Meanwhile the capacity of each project will range from 1 Kwp to 500 Kwp for the identified locations of the buildings concerned.
Presently it has been planned to tap 25,000 buildings, including educational institutions, which offer 2 crore square feet of rooftop space with a potential capacity of 110 MW at an outlay of Rs 940 crore. Further Tamilnadu Energy Development Authority (Teda) will be the nodal agency for implementation and the agency will operate pilot projects in a few selected districts such as Ramanathapuram, Coimbatore and Salem. Moreover these would be operated by vendor on BOOT model (Build Own Operate, Transfer) basis.
Apartment Owners Welfare Association office bearer told DC “We have installed
10 KW solar power system atop our 13 storied apartment, S&S Sarvam, on 200
feet radial road, Pallikaranai”. Moreover as far as solar power is concerned,
the southern region outshines other states. Telangana alone has a capacity of
2,570 MW, followed by Andhra Pradesh with 2,140 MW, Tamilnadu with 1,710 MW,
and Karnataka with 1,500 MW.
YS Jagan needs to be reminded charity begins at home Accordingly YSR Congress President Y.S Jaganmohan Reddy is being repeatedly criticized on social media for being unhelpful to a driver. Meanwhile the driver named Baya Reddy who lives in Raja Reddy Colony in Pulivendula reached out to Chief Minister's Relief Fund for financial assistance for medical treatment.
- Ex-PM highlights rural indebtedness, urban chaos
- PMK will support AIADMK- BJP front in Tamilnadu in general elections
- French researchers found 5.8 million Indane customer records
- Will Sania Mirza be removed as brand ambassador of Telangana ?
- Freedom we have is very expensive due to CRPF Employees
- Why India raised Pulwama attack issue at Munich Conference?
- RBI found large divergence in the books of Yes Bank
- Tamilisai welcomes Kamal speech!
- Kiran Bedi Vs Narayanasamy intensifies!
- Kaduvetti Guru's mother against Anbumani!
- 4 soldiers die in a fight!
- Kamal slams Rajinikanth
- KPN Travels - A Bus Service which would make you regret
- Pulwama attacker's father blames Indian security forces for his son turning into terrorist
- Telangana will have 33 districts from now onwards