Chennai sources reported that harnessing solar energy through roof top panels will soon become a movement in Tamilnadu. It was stated that about 50 MW of grid connected rooftop solar systems will be installed shortly on government buildings across the state by this month end. Meanwhile the capacity of each project will range from 1 Kwp to 500 Kwp for the identified locations of the buildings concerned.
Presently it has been planned to tap 25,000 buildings, including educational institutions, which offer 2 crore square feet of rooftop space with a potential capacity of 110 MW at an outlay of Rs 940 crore. Further Tamilnadu Energy Development Authority (Teda) will be the nodal agency for implementation and the agency will operate pilot projects in a few selected districts such as Ramanathapuram, Coimbatore and Salem. Moreover these would be operated by vendor on BOOT model (Build Own Operate, Transfer) basis.
Apartment Owners Welfare Association office bearer told DC “We have installed
10 KW solar power system atop our 13 storied apartment, S&S Sarvam, on 200
feet radial road, Pallikaranai”. Moreover as far as solar power is concerned,
the southern region outshines other states. Telangana alone has a capacity of
2,570 MW, followed by Andhra Pradesh with 2,140 MW, Tamilnadu with 1,710 MW,
and Karnataka with 1,500 MW.
Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru According to sources "The 3 wheeler range Treo and Treo Yaari are powered with lithium ion battery, which gives 170 km ride for a single charge, said Mahindra Electric Mobility Ltd Chairman Pawan Goenka on the occasion. Meanwhile the $21 billion Mahindra group has invested Rs 100 crore in setting up a technology plant in the city's southern outskirts, with an installed capacity of 25,000 units per annum to make the e-autos for Karnataka initially.
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code
- Will Pawan Kalyan contest from Eluru Constituency?
- TN CM announced Rs. 10 lakhs for families of deceased hit by Cyclone Gaja
- California's deadliest wildfires soared to more than 600, Trump to make his visit
- Granddaughter of TDP founder & late Chief Minister NT Rama Rao get TDP ticket
- Will forecast come true for TRS & give KCR another chance to rule Telangana?
- TN govt against Gaja!
- Secret pregnancy revealed by actor!
- Post Gaja, there's another threat!
- Vedaranyam heavily impacted by Gaja!
- Chandrababu Naidu leaving no leaf unturned to take on Modi
- Arvind Kejriwal to campaign in Telangana for AAP candidates
- Wedding Photos of Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh leaked out
- Will KTR quit politics, if TRS lost Elections?
- Cyclone Gaja crossed Tamilnadu coast between Nagapattinam & nearby Vedaranniyam