Washington sources reported that the space agency's Human Research Program (HRP) used ground based analogs, laboratories, and the International Space Station (ISS), to evaluate human performance and countermeasures required for the exploration of Mars, expected to be in 2030s. Meanwhile the team divided the hazards into five classifications radiation; isolation and confinement; distance from Earth; gravity and hostile or closed environments.
NASA said in a statement on Monday "Above Earth's natural protection, radiation exposure increases cancer risk, damages the central nervous system, can alter cognitive function, reduce motor function and prompt behavioral changes". Furthermore to mitigate this, deep space vehicles will have significant protective shielding, dosimetry, and alerts.
Accordingly sleep loss, circadian
desynchronisation, and work overload compound issue isolated and confined and
may lead to performance decrements, adverse health outcomes, and compromised
mission objectives. Moreover another hazard is the distance from Earth and the
spacecraft bound to Mars will include important habitability factors such as
temperature, pressure, lighting, noise, and quantity of space. Hence it is
essential that astronauts are getting the requisite food, sleep and exercise
needed to stay healthy and happy.
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!