As per report after facing heat over the recent allegations of corruption leveled against his ministers, Chief Minister Edappadi Palaniswami addressed the media over the issue yet again, claiming that the charges against Ministers have not been proved yet. Meanwhile the Opposition in Tamilnadu has been demanding the resignation of the two ministers. Presently Health Minister Vijayabhaskar is under the scanner in connection with the gutkha scam and Tamilnadu Minister for Municipal Administration and Rural Development SP Velumani has been accused of awarding government contracts to his close friends and associates.
He told the media "This government is doing very well in all spheres and the accusations (against Velumani) are not true as there are no complaints in any department. Vested interests want to spoil the good name of the Amma government. That is why they spread news like this". Further the CBI had carried out searches on Wednesday at over 40 locations in Chennai and other districts in connection with the gutkha scam.
Moreover the Health minister's alleged involvement
in the gutkha scam has proven to be fodder for the opposition to launch
constant attacks against the government. Reports added Vijayabaskar is
the only minister within the ruling government to face heat from both the
income tax and his name figured in alleged gutkha dealer Madhava
Rao's diary recovered during searches conducted by the I-T department in
Tiktok committed to safe & positive in-app environment for users in India New Delhi sources stated that popular video sharing platform TikTok, owned by Chinese tech company ByteDance said the company was committed to maintaining a safe and positive in-app environment for its users in India. Meanwhile when reacting to a report on how Hindu chauvinistic videos thrive on TikTok, ByteDance said that the video sharing app as well as its social media platform
- TN Govt plans to introduce Board Exams for Class 5 & 8
- Guntur District farmer committed suicide, doubts raised
- UK no longer preferred market for Indian investment due to Brexit factor
- Pakistan Cricketers portrait removed from HPCA
- From a farmer's son to People's Hero - Dr. Koti Reddy Saripalli
- DMK Congress deal soon!
- What's the problem for DMDK?
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again
- Is Nagarjuna making his Political entry?