As per report after facing heat over the recent allegations of corruption leveled against his ministers, Chief Minister Edappadi Palaniswami addressed the media over the issue yet again, claiming that the charges against Ministers have not been proved yet. Meanwhile the Opposition in Tamilnadu has been demanding the resignation of the two ministers. Presently Health Minister Vijayabhaskar is under the scanner in connection with the gutkha scam and Tamilnadu Minister for Municipal Administration and Rural Development SP Velumani has been accused of awarding government contracts to his close friends and associates.
He told the media "This government is doing very well in all spheres and the accusations (against Velumani) are not true as there are no complaints in any department. Vested interests want to spoil the good name of the Amma government. That is why they spread news like this". Further the CBI had carried out searches on Wednesday at over 40 locations in Chennai and other districts in connection with the gutkha scam.
Moreover the Health minister's alleged involvement
in the gutkha scam has proven to be fodder for the opposition to launch
constant attacks against the government. Reports added Vijayabaskar is
the only minister within the ruling government to face heat from both the
income tax and his name figured in alleged gutkha dealer Madhava
Rao's diary recovered during searches conducted by the I-T department in
Migrants figures shown a negative growth of 11.6% from Kerala Accordingly a new study says factors like the declining population in the 19-25 age groups and stagnant wages in the Gulf countries could be responsible for migration from Kerala declining 11% between 2013 and 2018. S. Irudayarajan, who led the Kerala Migration Survey (KMS) 2018 told reporters in Thiruvananthapuram
- Uber's Food delivery launched Insurance Program in partnership with Tata AIG
- Investigation about Sewing Needle hidden in Strawberries
- Karnataka Govt reduced state taxes on petrol & diesel
- Is YS Jagan caught in a trap?
- Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh testifies hearing before Senate Judiciary Committee
- Major Fire Accident at Kanya Cinema Theater, Visakhapatnam
- T Rajendar coming to Thiruvarur?
- Auto driver attacked for questioning BJP leader on Petrol price hike!
- Yet again Petrol Price goes up...
- Case against Thirumurugan Gandhi dismissed!
- H Raja's words will help fascism!
- H Raja receives High court order!
- Babies born yesterday on PM Modi's birthday gifted gold rings at Chennai
- TN couple received Petrol as Marriage Gift!!!
- Ramdev will not campaign for BJP in 2019 elections