At least 7 exit polls were released ahead of the results day and all of them had predicted that the BJP and its allies would emerge as winners. Many poll surveys had predicted around 275 seats for NDA but one survey predicts the exact and it is Today’s Chanakya. The News24-Chanakya exit polls had predicted 340 seats for NDA and the result was 335. The company's rivals in predicting results, however, were way away off the mark with none sensing that the NDA would cross the 300 mark. The CNN-IBN said the BJP-led alliance could get 261-283 seats, Times Now 249, ABP Nielsen 281, Headline Today 261 to 283, NDTV-Hansa Research 279 and India TV 289 seats. Most of the exit polls did not see the UPA alliance that was in power for 10 years getting less than 100 seats. The 'Today's Chanakya' poll was conducted by RNB Research, a global Market research company. The poll predicted that BJP would win 291 seats and even allotted a margin of 14 seats. With the counting of votes in its final phases, the BJP has already won 284 seats. 'Today's Chanakya' caught the popular imagination right after it predicted a powerhouse performance for the Aam Aadmi Party in 2013 Delhi assembly elections, at a time when other surveys forecast a poor result for the Aravind Kejriwal-led party. Today’s Chanakya, the reputed organization, in their exit poll also reveals about their predictions but they confined only to the Telangana region.The results also appeared to be very closest to the outcome of Telangna.
Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD Accordingly a cyclone alert has been issued for the northern coastal region of the state of Andhra Pradesh with the Indian Meteorological Department predicting 'very heavy to extremely heavy' rains in the region. Meanwhile the IMD has stated that depression has formed over west-central Bay of Bengal which could intensify into a cyclonic storm.
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers