Ganesh Chaturthi is the festival celebrated by Hindus across the world in honour of Lord Ganesha (the God with the head of an elephant). When the festivities end (this year, it will culminate on September 13), the idols are immersed in a large bodies of water where they disintegrate over time.
The Ganesh idol can be installed between 6:28 to 8:00. Ganesh Pooja is preferred during Madhyanhana on Ganesh Chaturthi as it is believed that Lord Ganesh was born during Madhyahana Kaal which is between 14:09 and 15:42.
The Muhurut time specified above is the best Muhurut to perform the Ganesh Puja and to perform any work. The festival is celebrated with great devotion all over India. People often bring home new idols of Lord Ganesha and they celebrate it by worshiping him in a special way.
On the last day of worship the idol is taken out in a colourful and musical procession and it will be immersed on the beach. It is celebrated throughout India, especially in Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. The primary sweet dish during the festival is modak (Kozhukotai).
Happy Ganesh Chaturthi folks !
Why Maasi month is so special? Accordingly the full moon day in the month of Maasi with star Magam is Maasi Magam. This year Maasi Magam is on 18th February. As it is Masi Magam is considered an auspicious day and special poojas are performed in all the temples on this day. Maasi Magam is celebrated as Mahamagam once in 12 years when Jupiter (Guru) transits in Leo in the month of Maasi (when Sun is in Aquarius (kumbha raasi ), on the full moon day with Magam star. This is the south Indian equivalent of Kumbh Mela.
- Use this simple trick to attract Goddess Lakshmi
- Lighting Lamps before God by evening eradicates problems
- Auspicious Masi Magam removes all afflictions
- Indian American with his Girlfriend plans to kill the Man s wife
- Science behind Indian Women wearing Toe Ring
- Please Lord Shani Dev by offering Mustard Oil on Saturdays
- Do you know story about broken tusk of Ganesha?
- Worshiping Sai Baba on Thursday is auspicious