The new moon day known as the Mahalaya Amavasya is the beginning of Dussehra. It is a special day dedicated to making an offering to express our gratitude to all the previous generations of people who have contributed to our life.
Scientists say that human beings and their ancestors have existed on this planet for 20 million years. That is a lot of time. All these hundreds of thousands of generations that lived on this planet before us have given us something or the other. The language that we speak, the way we sit, our clothes, our buildings almost everything that we know today has come to us from generations before us.
During this time, in the Indian subcontinent, new crops would have just
begun to bear yield. So their first produce is offered to the ancestors as a
mark of respect and thankfulness, by way of pinda, before the whole population breaks into celebration in
the form of other festivals like Navratri, Vijayadashami and Diwali.
Some unknown facts about Goddess Lakshmi Goddess Lakshmi is known to be very closely associated with the lotus, and her many epithets are connected to the flower, such as Padma: lotus dweller Kamala: lotus dweller Padmapriya means one who likes lotuses Padmamaladhara devi means one who wears a garland of lotuses Padmamukhi means one
- Do you have faith in God 365 days?
- Happy Ugadi Wishes to all Dear and Near
- Ugadi Special: Significance and Importance
- Why Ugadi marks the New Year 2018?
- Friday Special Raagu Kaala Durga Pooja
- Karthigai Deepam auspicious day
- God Brahma the creator of Universe
- Hindu Goddess powerful of all Goddess is Adi Parasakthi
- Friday, the day for Goddess Durga
- Pooja the process of worshiping God with pure mind and heart
- The chronological list of Guru Parampara of the matham follows:
- Hindu God Bhagwan Dattatreya
- Hindu Gods married to teach moral values
- Goddess Saraswathi is for Learning
- Do you about this Famous Brihadeeshwara Temple?