Valmiki Jayanti is being observed on 5th of October every year. Adi Kavi Maharishi Valmiki is the first Sanskrit Poet in India and he is the great author of 'Ramayana'. Ramayana consists of 24000 verses and 7 cantos. Most of the Hindus firmly believe that Valmiki existed in the same era as Lord Rama.
As per Hindu Lunar calendar, his Jayanti is celebrated on the full moon night in the Hindu month of Ashwina. Ramayana is one of the great epics which is recited by devotees. Valmiki was a highway dacoit in his early stages and then he changed his path after becoming a devotee of Lord Rama.
Now, his birth anniversary is celebrated as Valmiki Jayanti. Devotees will decorate Maharishi Valmiki's temples with flowers and light with deepams. The biggest temple for Valmiki is in Chennai at Tiruvanmiyur. It is 1300 years old and the area itself is called as Valmiki Nagar. There are several preachings of Valmiki and every one of them teaches us devotion and dedication.
Some unknown facts about Goddess Lakshmi Goddess Lakshmi is known to be very closely associated with the lotus, and her many epithets are connected to the flower, such as Padma: lotus dweller Kamala: lotus dweller Padmapriya means one who likes lotuses Padmamaladhara devi means one who wears a garland of lotuses Padmamukhi means one
- Do you have faith in God 365 days?
- Happy Ugadi Wishes to all Dear and Near
- Ugadi Special: Significance and Importance
- Why Ugadi marks the New Year 2018?
- Friday Special Raagu Kaala Durga Pooja
- Karthigai Deepam auspicious day
- God Brahma the creator of Universe
- Hindu Goddess powerful of all Goddess is Adi Parasakthi
- Friday, the day for Goddess Durga
- Pooja the process of worshiping God with pure mind and heart
- The chronological list of Guru Parampara of the matham follows:
- Hindu God Bhagwan Dattatreya
- Hindu Gods married to teach moral values
- Goddess Saraswathi is for Learning
- Do you about this Famous Brihadeeshwara Temple?