Krishna Jayanti is celebrated as the birthday of Lord Krishna. It is a most important and sacred day for Hindus. People pray to Lord Krishna on this day and seek his blessings for a happy and good life. Krishna Janmashtami is observed on Ashtami, the eighth day of Krishna Paksha month or Shravana month i.e., between mid August and early September. This year it falls on September 2nd 2018.
Ingredients needed for pooja
Flowers for decoration, fruits like apple, pomegranate, orange guava etc, one coconut for neivedyam, Betal leaves and nuts, oil and ghee to light the lamp, rice flour and colors for drawing Rangoli and Krishna feet.
To offer in front of God
A small cup of milk, butter, aval mixed with jaggery or sugar. These offerings are must and should even if you don’t prepare the deep fried stuff. Wash the lamps and other pooja vessels on the previous day night and keep the turmeric and kumkum dots. Put the threads and oil the lamp. Suppose if you don’t have enough time, you can do this the next day morning or afternoon, as the pooja will be done in the evening after 6 pm.
Draw Krishna’s feet with your hands
and after you finish the decorations and neivedyam i.e. after 6 pm and place
the decorated Krishna on a plank or peeta. Offer all the neivedyam recipes,
fruits, curd, milk and butter in front of the God. Light the lamp and do the
pooja and perform mangala aarthi. The next morning do the pooja with simple
neivedyam like dry grapes or candle (Kalkandu). Remove the idol at a good time.
Significance of Tamil Month Purattasi Solar month is full of devotional month and no marriage celebration will take place during that month. The Full moon day falls on the star Puratadhi/Uthiratadhi (Aquaries /Pisces zodiac) but the Purattasi Saturdays are very important and special prayers are done for Tirupathi Venkatachalapathy with people following many Vrathams and pujas with various offerings like Chakara Pongal etc.
- Is Lord Shani Dev a Friend or Enemy?
- Why Lord Ganesha idols immersed in water after Ganesh Chathurthi?
- SPIRITUALITY : How to pray Lord Ganesha for better income?
- How Ganesh Chathurthi is celebrated all over India?
- How to impress Ganesha on this Ganesh Chathurthi day??
- Story about broken tusk of Ganesha
- Why Hindus break coconut in Temple?
- Lord Shiva the Final God in this world
- Divine festivals of Aani Month in Hindus
- How to perform Ganesh Chaturthi pooja?
- Lord Ganesh's curse on Lord Krishna
- Happy Ganesh Chaturthi ! Some facts you must know to celebrate the festival
- Krishna Janmashtami 2018 - The Myth of Lord Krishna
- How to do Krishna Jayanti at Home?
- Some facts about Amavasya and Purnima