Colombo sources have stated that almost everything was shut in the island nation as the Sri Lankans observed 'Poya', a full moon day regarded auspicious by the Buddhist-majority people here. However, it was hard to catch a glimpse of the moon as Colombo remained under a dense cloud cover with heavy showers lashing the capital city.
India, having already enjoyed a sumptuous meal sweeping the Test and ODI series 3-0 and 5-0 respectively would love to end their six-week tour by polishing off the dessert. Victory in the lone T20I will see them register a 9-0 sweep. Going by the current form of the two teams, India should have no problems in pulling things off.
Despite rains and muddled grounds, the groundsmen worked swift and ensured a full 20-Over game. Sri Lanka who batted first gave a target of 171 and India in reply scored 174 with 4 balls to spare. For the first time, in Cricketing History, a team has completely whitewashed in all 3 formats of the game.
India's next challenge lies with Australia on September 17th for ODI's. India will face the team at Chennai on the first ODI. Let's hope India continues the good run.
India will not host ICC Champions Trophy 2021 due to 'This' reason! The dispute between BCCI and ICC continues and now due to this cold war, ICC Champions Trophy 2021 will not happen in India. The ICC Champions Trophy is the second most renowned 50-Over tournament after the World Cup and ICC has decided to turn it into a T20 format.
- #INDvBAN - Dinesh Karthik's LAST BALL SIX takes India to lift Nidhas Trophy - Bangladesh is yet to win an T20 against India
- #INDvBAN - India beats Bangladesh by 17 runs and cements a spot for Finals
- Thakur's 4-Wicket haul helps India to win against Sri Lanka
- Two Tamils to captain Two IPL Teams unrelated to Tamil Nadu
- India beats Bangladesh in the 2nd T2OI
- Kohli's New Tattoo sentiment revealed!!
- David Warner Fights with Quinton De Kock Off-Field - WATCH VIDEO
- DRS to be implemented in IPL 2018
- Just in: Morne Morkel to retire after the Australian Series
- Steve Smith appointed as the Captain of the Rajasthan Royals !
- Bhuvaneshwar Kumar spill the beans
- ICC ODI rankings: Kohli bags rare double
- Aussies beat Kiwis, Lift Trans Tasman cup !!
- India wins the 1st T20I by 28 runs - Bhuvaneshwar Kumar takes 5 Wickets
- Wrist Spinners hide India's defects in ODI Team - India should take a look at these things immediately