The 3rd ODI of India's tour of Ireland and England, held at Leeds between India and England, began with England winning the toss and electing to field. Indian innings began on a disastrous note, as they lost opener Rohit Sharma (2) as he struggled, but the other opener Shikhar Dhawan and skipper Virat Kohli forged a partnership, before Dhawan (44) was dismissed, run out by Stokes.
Skipper Kohli scored a patient knock, as Dinesh Karthik (21), and MS Dhoni 42(66b,4x4), gave him ample support. While Kohli was dismissed ultimately for 71(72b,8x4), Hardik Pandya(21), Bhuvaneshwar Kumar (21) and Shardul Thakur(22) chipped in with valuable cameos to take India to a respectable 256/8, as Rashid and Willey ended with 3 wickets apiece.
The English innings began shaky, with openers Vince (27) and Bairstow (30) dismissed after getting good starts, while skipper Eoin Morgan and Joe Root settled down to establish a partnership. Joe root ended scoring an unbeaten ton 100(120b,10x4)*, while Morgan scored a patient 88(108)* as England cruised to a victory scoring 260/2 winning by 8 wickets and 33 balls to spare.
#INDvPAK #IndiavsPakistan - Rohit Sharma and men beat Pakistan comprehensively The mother of all clashes, the 5th match of the Asia Cup between India and Pakistan began with Pakistan winning the toss and deciding to bat first, and the Pakistan batting began on a disastrous note as Bhuvaneshwar Kumar rattled the top order, as he dismissed Imam U haw and Fakhar Zaman in quick time, and Pakistan were 3/2 at a stage.
- India beats Hong Kong by 22 runs in a Nail biter
- How far England is going to stretch their lead?
- Pujara promises to chase down any total
- Boxer Amit Panghal snatches a GOLD for India at Asian Games
- India takes honors on Day one of Fourth Test with England - Can Batsmen get a lead?
- #NeerajChopra who clinches Gold in Asian Games dedicate it to Vajpayee
- #ViratKohli dedicates Trent Bridge Victory to Kerala Flood Victims
- iNDIA just One Wicket Away from Historic Victory at Trent Bridge
- #KingKohli scores 23rd Century as India is smelling a Victory at Trent Bridge
- #IndvEng - India Pays Back England in Style as Hardik Pandya scalps his first fifer in Tests
- #INDvsENG - Kohli and Rahane help India to put a decent total on Day 1
- #ENGvIND - India's Winning Hopes rest on Virat Kohli as England end on a high
- #ENGvIND - Kohli Heroics take India to Commanding Position on Day 2
- #ENGvIND - Despite Dropped catches and missed easy chances India takes honours on Day 1
- #ENGvsIND - India loses 3rd ODI Pathetically - Time for MS Dhoni to RETIRE?