The third test match of India's tour of England, held at Nottingham began with India batting first, as England won the toss and elected to field first. Openers Shikhar Dhawan and KL Rahul began patiently, scoring runs at regular intervals at a brisk pace, before being claimed by Woakes.
Woakes dismissed Dhawan 35(65) and Rahul 23(53) and in quick time dismissed the most expected Cheteshwar Pujara as well for a cheap 14(31), leaving India reeling at 82/3 after being at 60/0 at a stage. In came skipper Virat Kohli who was accompanied by Ajinkya Rahane.
Both the players displayed exempla attitude in dealing with the English bowlers as they chose the right balls to hit and attacked the bowling lineup at regular intervals, slowly resurrecting India from another batting downslide. After a terrific stand that almost took away the match from England, both the players were dismissed.
Kohli 97(152) missed out on a much-deserved ton that could have been his second in this series, while Rahane was dismissed scoring 81(131). Hardik Pandya was dismissed for 18, while Rishab pant made his debut album test appearance, and opened his account with a 6, and is currently unbeaten on 22(32)* with India ending the day 1 on 307/6 at stumps.
How far England is going to stretch their lead? As the second day of the fourth test between India and England held at Southampton ended with England at 6/0, trailing behind India by 21 runs, England began their second innings, losing Cook early, scalped by Bumrah, and sooner, Ishant Sharma dismissed Moeen Ali as well. Jennings and skipper Joe Root held firm for a while, as they did damage control after England was 33/2.
- Pujara promises to chase down any total
- Boxer Amit Panghal snatches a GOLD for India at Asian Games
- India takes honors on Day one of Fourth Test with England - Can Batsmen get a lead?
- #NeerajChopra who clinches Gold in Asian Games dedicate it to Vajpayee
- #ViratKohli dedicates Trent Bridge Victory to Kerala Flood Victims
- iNDIA just One Wicket Away from Historic Victory at Trent Bridge
- #KingKohli scores 23rd Century as India is smelling a Victory at Trent Bridge
- #IndvEng - India Pays Back England in Style as Hardik Pandya scalps his first fifer in Tests
- #INDvsENG - Kohli and Rahane help India to put a decent total on Day 1
- #ENGvIND - India's Winning Hopes rest on Virat Kohli as England end on a high
- #ENGvIND - Kohli Heroics take India to Commanding Position on Day 2
- #ENGvIND - Despite Dropped catches and missed easy chances India takes honours on Day 1
- #ENGvsIND - India loses 3rd ODI Pathetically - Time for MS Dhoni to RETIRE?
- HAS HIMA DAS RECEIVED A DESERVED HONOUR?
- #ENGvIND - Kuldeep and Rohitman tame the English!