The second day of the third test between India and England, resumed with India at 307/6, and Rishab Pant, who was unbeaten, was soon scalped for 24(51), and the tail followed suit as well in a quick fashion, as India were bundled out for 329, with Woakes and Anderson claiming 3 wickets apiece. The England batsmen began their first innings on a patient note, before Bumrah and Ishant Sharma struck to remove the openers Jennings 20(32) and Cook 29(42).
Skipper Joe Root was dismissed cheaply by Pandya for 16(29). while Pope. Bairstow and Ben Stokes were dismissed in quick succession as well. The only point of resistance in the English batting lineup was from Jos Butler, who scored a quickfire 39(32) before Bumrah scalped his wicket doing the damage control. Pandya struck thrice to wrap the tail, as England finished their first Innings at 161, with India having a comfortable lead of 168 runs.
Pandya had impressive figures of 5/28, and India began their second innings, on a steady note, as openers Shikhar Dhawan and KL Rahul were yet again involved in a 50 run opening stand, as they picked the right deliveries and scored boundaries in regular intervals, before Rashid claimed Dhawan 44(63), and stokes removed Rahul 36(33). Cheteshwar Pujara 33(67)* and Skipper Kohli are on crease looking to settle and extend the lead further, as India ended its day 2 at 124/2 and an overall lead of 292 runs, with 8 wickets still remaining.
#INDvBAN - Rohit Sharma and Ravindra Jadeja makes it merry for India The 1st super four matches of the Asia Cup between India and Bangladesh began with India winning the toss and deciding to field first. Bangladesh began on a disastrous note with both the openers dismissed cheaply by Bhuvaneshwar Kumar and Bumrah.
- #INDvPAK #IndiavsPakistan - Rohit Sharma and men beat Pakistan comprehensively
- India beats Hong Kong by 22 runs in a Nail biter
- How far England is going to stretch their lead?
- Pujara promises to chase down any total
- Boxer Amit Panghal snatches a GOLD for India at Asian Games
- India takes honors on Day one of Fourth Test with England - Can Batsmen get a lead?
- #NeerajChopra who clinches Gold in Asian Games dedicate it to Vajpayee
- #ViratKohli dedicates Trent Bridge Victory to Kerala Flood Victims
- iNDIA just One Wicket Away from Historic Victory at Trent Bridge
- #KingKohli scores 23rd Century as India is smelling a Victory at Trent Bridge
- #IndvEng - India Pays Back England in Style as Hardik Pandya scalps his first fifer in Tests
- #INDvsENG - Kohli and Rahane help India to put a decent total on Day 1
- #ENGvIND - India's Winning Hopes rest on Virat Kohli as England end on a high
- #ENGvIND - Kohli Heroics take India to Commanding Position on Day 2
- #ENGvIND - Despite Dropped catches and missed easy chances India takes honours on Day 1