The day 2 of the third test between India and England had ended with India batting on 124/2, with skipper Virat Kohli and Cheteshwar Pujara on the crease, and they resumed batting today and started frustrating the English bowlers, setting up the platform for an exciting game ahead.
Kohli and Cheteshwar Pujara were patience personified as they waited for the right balls to milk and attacked English bowlers at will, and went on to score stunning knocks before Ben Stokes broke the partnership dismissing Cheteshwar Pujara who scored a composed 72(208). Skipper Virat Kohli went on to score his second century of the series after missing out on a well deserved century in the first innings.
Kohli scored an impactful 103(197) before Woakes removed him, as Rahane was next dismissed for 29(94). Entered Hardik Pandya who made a quick work of the English bowlers, scoring a run a ball knock of an unbeaten 52, a much-needed knock towards the end as India declared after scoring 352/7, with a massive lead and a target of 521.
Rashid claimed 3 wickets, and then England began their second innings In pursuit of the huge target of 521, and openers Alistair cook 9(28)* and Jennings 13(27)* remained unbeaten as England ended day 3 at 23/0 at stumps, requiring 498 to win and 10 wickets remaining. With today being a dominant day for India, plans are on to bundle out England tomorrow.
#PAKvIND - India Seal their Biggest Win Over Pakistan The third match of the Super four stage of Asia Cup, between India and Pakistan, began with Pakistan winning the toss and deciding to bat first. Opener Imam ul Haq and Babar Azam fell in quick succession as Pakistan was reeling at 2/55, but Fakhar Zaman 31(44) and skipper Sarfaraz Ahmad 44(66) tried to steady the team, before being dismissed by Kuldeep Yadav eventually.
- #INDvBAN - Rohit Sharma and Ravindra Jadeja makes it merry for India
- #INDvPAK #IndiavsPakistan - Rohit Sharma and men beat Pakistan comprehensively
- India beats Hong Kong by 22 runs in a Nail biter
- How far England is going to stretch their lead?
- Pujara promises to chase down any total
- Boxer Amit Panghal snatches a GOLD for India at Asian Games
- India takes honors on Day one of Fourth Test with England - Can Batsmen get a lead?
- #NeerajChopra who clinches Gold in Asian Games dedicate it to Vajpayee
- #ViratKohli dedicates Trent Bridge Victory to Kerala Flood Victims
- iNDIA just One Wicket Away from Historic Victory at Trent Bridge
- #KingKohli scores 23rd Century as India is smelling a Victory at Trent Bridge
- #IndvEng - India Pays Back England in Style as Hardik Pandya scalps his first fifer in Tests
- #INDvsENG - Kohli and Rahane help India to put a decent total on Day 1
- #ENGvIND - India's Winning Hopes rest on Virat Kohli as England end on a high
- #ENGvIND - Kohli Heroics take India to Commanding Position on Day 2