What’s a biryani without some succulent pieces of mutton wrapped in a perfect blend of aromatic spices and herbs!? Yes, though other meats being more common, biryani eaters all over the world can easily swear by mutton. And not just biryanis, curries, bakes and all other preparations with this wonderful meat are always special. Did you know, unlike other dishes, a day-old mutton prep will always be all the more tastier on the palate! Try it the next time you plan on to take on this meat.
For more recipes related to Mutton Ghee Roast checkout Mutton Curry, Kadai Gosht Hussainee, Mutton Khichda, Thom Methi Mutton . You can also find more Main Course Mutton recipes like Tsarvan Olu, Beans With Meat, Jungli Laal Maas, Narial Ka Gosht.
Prep Time : 31-40 minutes
Cook time : 21-25 minutes
Serve : 4
Level Of Cooking : Easy
Taste : Spicy
Ingredients for Mutton Ghee Roast Recipe
Boneless mutton cut into pieces and cooked 250 grams
Ghee 3 tablespoons
Dried red chillies 4-5
Coriander seeds 1 tablespoon
Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
Black peppercorns 8-10
Garlic cloves 6-8
Tamarind pulp 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder ¼ teaspoon
Yogurt whisked 3 tablespoons
Salt to taste
Jaggery (gur) chopped 1 tablespoon
Line a serving bowl with a banana leaf.
Dry-roast dried red chillies in a non-stick pan till fragrant. Transfer into a grinder.
Heat 1 tablespoon ghee into the same non-stick pan. Add coriander seeds, cumin seeds, peppercorns, cloves and garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
Grind together the roasted dried red chillies along with roasted spices, tamarind pulp and 2-3 tablespoons water to make a smooth mixture.
Heat remaining ghee in another non-stick pan. Add ground paste and sauté for 1 minute. Add turmeric powder and sauté for 30 seconds.
Add yogurt, mix and cook for 1 minute. Add cooked mutton, mix and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Add salt and jaggery, mix and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Hydrebadi Food Hydrebadi Food Hyderabadi food is rich and royal, right from delicious biryanis and yummy kebabs to decadent desserts. We picked 3 of our favourite dishes from this fabulous cuisine and show you how to make it within 30 minutes – with the right kind of preparation of course!
- Vrat Ka Khana
- How to make Butter Chicken Biryani Rich andYummy !
- Chicken Lollipop Recipe Card
- How to make Dry Chilli Chicken
- How to make Moroccan Chicken With Lentils - Chicken
- Recipe for Little Ones
- How to make Chana Masala Rice - Kala chana and rice
- How to make Chicken Stroganoff - Chicken cooked in creamy tomato sauce flavored with mushrooms
- 6 tasty winter salads you can make at home
- How to make Egg Fried Rice and Chicken Manchurian - Make these Chinese delicacies at home and enjoy with your entire family.
- TopTen Mutton Curries of India
- How to make Tariwali Egg Curry
- How to make Cheesy Seekh Kabab
- Mutton Jalfrezi Recipe Card
- How to make Mutton Ghee Roast