What Is Good
What Is Bad
- Predictable Screenplay
- Supporting Characters are Weak
Simran story is a comedy drama movie where a Gujarati housekeeping lady in the US allows ambition to get better of her and she gets involved in a world of crime. Simran is a racy, fun filled movie with Kangana Ranaut portraying the titular role. Few women were caught in bank robberies are mostly accomplices or driving the getaway car. Of course, the phrase "traditionally a man's job" is anathema to Kangana Ranaut and the defiant characters she plays, which is why Simran, which is a story based on a real-life female bank robber which sounds tailored for the actress.
Hansal Mehta had made the direction for the movie. Kangana Ranaut in the movie is impressive, rendering more meat to her part than the written word calls for and also is goofy, adorable, reckless, aimless and yet utterly charming. Moreover, Simran has so much going for it that you really want to like the film, root for Praful, and draws satisfaction from a stellar performance of a fine artist like Kangana.
The music of the film has been composed by Sachin-Jigar while the lyrics have been penned by Priya Saraiya and Vayu. The first song titled as Lagdi Hai Thaai which is sung by Guru Randhwa and Jonita Gandhi was pleasing to ears while "Pinjra Tod Ke" voiced by Sunidhi Chauhan was melodious and it is quite hummable. Anuj Rakhesh Dhawan had done the cinematography work neatly and the editing part was done in a crispy fashion by Antara Lahiri.
The movie rides entirely on the brave shoulders of its leading lady Kangana Ranaut. Simran has so much going for it that you really want to like the film, root for Praful, and draws satisfaction from a stellar performance of a fine artist like Kangana. But then, something doesn’t work for the movie. The movie is a great one time watch which makes you wishes that the makers had fine-tuned it enough to propel it towards a huge success.
Sayyeshaa Saigal is not worried about recent Flops Bollywood's actress Sayyeshaa Saigal had made her debut entry in Tamil through the movie Vana Magan opposite Jayam Ravi. She's also the granddaughter of Bollywood's yesteryear's actor Dileep Kumar. She even made her debut in Bollywood with Ajay Devgn’s movie 'Shivaay'.
- Anushka misses another one!
- Rakul Preet Oozing 'Oomph' for a Jewellery Photoshoot
- Kajal reveals the secret regarding her toned body
- Raashi Khanna exposes her Hot Waist and teasing cleavage in Traditional Dress - Photos Inside
- Kajal gets haunted for her mistakes in early stages
- Shruti Haasan brutally faces the heat for 'THEN' and 'NOW' photo
- Shruti Haasan bags a good role
- Priya becomes model for Shopping Mall
- Among these 3 Hotties, Who is going to be the Lucky one?
- Disha Patani gets another biggie
- 'Nela Ticket' director to direct sequel for a Hit movie?
- Kajal Aggarwal 'WILLINGLY ACCEPTED' to do that 'Squeezing' and Lip-Kiss scene
- Nayantara will be a Brahmin Lady
- Oops! Kajal immediately sits 'Cross-Legged' in a Talk show after Cameras focused on...