What Is Good
- Lin Shaye's acting
- Visual Effects
- Makeup Department
What Is Bad
- Sloppy Prequel
- Nowhere near the earlier parts
- Predictable scares.
Insidious: The Last Key is the fourth film in the franchise and for those who don't know about the franchise, this is the second prequel. The 3rd chapter revealed how Elise met Specs and Tucker and this movie is more about their adventure as a team. Elise gets a Phone call from a man who wants her to perform an exorcism in his haunted house. That is the house where Elise grows as an abused child. She faces a demon who uses fingers as keys and she needs to face her tormented past too. What happens in the end forms the rest of the story.
Lin Shaye is the central crux of the movie. Her acting and appearance are still outstanding. Spencer Locke who already impressed us in 'Landmine Goes Click' has given some solid performance once again. Leigh Whannell and Angus Sampson are used for comic relief and they have done their job to perfection. Rest of the cast have done justice to their roles and they are flawless. But in the end, it is Lin Shaye who scores high as Elise Rainier. And this movie has given her more important than ever. Her role as Parapsychologist Dr. Elise Rainier is one of the notable points!
The story and screenplay deserve a special mention. Usually in such Ghosthunters flicks, be it Conjuring or any other, the ghost hunters will always step into other people's lives and they aren't connected with their own family. But here, this is quite different. Leigh Whannell’s screenplay provides lots of jump scares. The culmination clash between Elise and the demon is too good. Adam Robitel who already directed 'The Taking of Deborah Logan' has shaped this venture and this time has done a better job. The Visual Effects deserve a special mention. Toby Oliver's low-light Cinematography also deserves a special mention. Timothy Alverson keeps the runtime to a check. The Makeup Department also deserves a special mention.
Once again we stress that Lin Shaye herself has carried the entire movie and she's the MVP of the whole franchise. But as it is two prequels, it is kinda sloppy and we feel this is the time to put an end card on the franchise. However, the jump scares and tight screenplay make the movie engaging. The Director knows how to give an 'Eerie' feel to the whole movie. All said, it is not good as the earlier parts and it never freshens things up too!
Young Thigh Beauty in supporting role! Tamil beauty Megha Akash was supposed to debut in Balaji Tharaneetharan Directorial Oru Pakka Kathai and also was starring in Gautham Vasudev Menon Directorial Dhanush starrer Enai Nokki Paayum Thotta, both of which are yet to be released.
- 2.O gearing up for release and fans are upset with Amy Jackson Nude Photos on Social Media
- Shraddha to come 'Twice' ??
- Agent Prabhas, Shraddha... Loading...
- OMG! Trivikram to remake 'SUCH A MOVIE' with Bunny and Shruti Haasan ??
- 'NOTA' Girl gets her next
- Even before shooting a major production house bags rights for RRR
- PIC TALK - Kajal Aggarwal in a Bra and Thigh-High Shorts exposing her Inner Assets
- Even in Traditional Dress, Kajal Aggarwal exposes her cleavage and navel - PHOTOS PROOF Inside
- CAUGHT RED-HANDED : Adah Sharma spotted Braless during Award Show - 20 HOT PHOTOS INSIDE
- Can Tamanna give comfort to the Flop Hero?
- Can the Desi Beauty give a success to the Star Son?
- Critically acclaimed movie to contest
- Anushka Shetty ready to tie the knot?
- Oops! Trisha faces Embarrassing moment on the stage due to her short skirt - 31 Photos as a Hot Treat