What Is Good
- Real Life Incidents
- Art Work
What Is Bad
- Preachy Dialogues
- Romance between Ajay and Ileana
- Background score
Ajay Devgn is back to playing a subtler role, but a completely deadpan expression throughout the whole runtime, even in the most intense of sequences, as well as in the powerful confrontation sequences, is a huge letdown. Veteran Saurabh Shukla proves his caliber, with his impressive screen presence and the effortless ease with which he brings a corrupt politician on screen, and is a huge asset to the otherwise tedious Raid.
Ileana plays the dutiful wife to perfection, and does her part of looking beautiful on screen perfectly, and oozes stunning chemistry with Ajay Devgn. The rest of the cast including Sadanand Varma and Gayathri Iyer is just about adequate.
The Musical score is not up to the mark. Among the songs composed by Amit Trivedi and Tanishk Bagchi, Sanu Ek pal and Jhuk Na pass the muster, while the background score doesn't impress, as it fails to elevate the sequences and raise the tension which is badly needed in such a movie. Cinematography by Alphonse Roy is perfect, capturing the beautiful locations in song sequences, as well as the crude milieu of the corrupt Saurabh Shukla.
The Editing by Bodhadhitya Banerjee could have been much better as some unwanted scenes between raids drag the whole scene. After several critically acclaimed flicks and few flop outings, the promising Rajkumar Gupta is back, this time with a tale based on real IT Raids of the 80s.The period art work deserves a special mention.
While the basic premise is very much reminiscent of Special Chabbis, Rajkumar has a kind of seriousness as an innate part of the script but has let go off an interesting opportunity.While Ajay is mostly blunt, his confrontation sequences with Saurabh are mostly over the top, with Saurabh solely shouldering Raid.
With unimpressive, preachy dialogues, and too much of time wasted focusing on the romance between Ajay and Ileana (who looked very gorgeous), and badly placed songs accompanied by poor editing, Raid becomes a tedious effort for the viewer to sit through, and ends as a pathetic outing.
Rashmika spills the beans As we all know, King Nagarjuna was last seen in the Multi-starrer 'Devdas' costarring natural star Nani, in the direction of Sriram Aditya who had earlier made Bhale Manchi Roju and Shamantakamani. The movie ended as an above average product.
- Rakul's Airport Dress and Looks go Viral
- Shruti Haasan proved she did the right thing
- Rakul is 'OPEN' for North
- Tamanna's Wet and Hot Avatar
- Trisha's Director called me for Sexual Compromise
- Kajal Aggarwal opens on casting couch
- Can Kajal help Balayya's Hindi version of NTR?
- Two Milky White Babes seal a release Date in Malayalam
- Married Yet Seductive Jyothika - View Photos
- Top 20 'Hot and Sexy' Female anchors in India
- Kajal's old Telugu movies are resold in Tamil - Thanks to her Hotness quotient
- Samantha and Chay were in love from their very first flick - Do you know?
- TAXIWAALA REVIEW - Vijay Deverakonda FAILS YET AGAIN
- An Actor shows his vulgarity towards Keerthy Suresh