What Is Good
- Patriotic mood
What Is Bad
- Not as intense as SRK's Chak De India
- CGI work
- Predictable factor
After scoring success with the social entertainer Padman, the biopic of Arunachalam Muruganandham, Akshay Khiladi Kumar is back with yet another interesting flick, a sports drama on India's campaign towards the first Gold medal in 1948 Olympics, fittingly released on Independence Day. Here's team AP Herald's exclusive first on net Gold review.
Gold begins in 1936 after India had become a powerful team in the world winning third consecutive gold in Berlin Olympics, as the British India team. Now the determined Bengali manager Tapan Das (Akshay Kumar) wants to form a team for free India, to participate in 1948 Olympics in London. Was he able to achieve his mission of forming a team, and win the British in their home itself, and establish the pride of Indians is what Gold is all about.
Akshay Kumar is at ease, performing a role like what he has done in recent past in movies like Toilet Ek Prem Katha and Padman, performs well emoting with ease, and has yet again proved himself as someone who can try a variety of characters within his limitations, while also letting the other characters shine. Mouni Roy delivers a subtle performance as Monobina, while Kunal Kapoor as Samrat is perfectly cast, Amit Sadh and Sunny Kaushal are adequate.
With Akshay's character being that of a tactical manager who is flawed yet correcting, and with other supporting characters who have their own backstories, Gold establishes itself perfectly. Reema Kagti has made sure Gold does not turn intense like Chak De India, and has its own share of entertainment factors like songs and comedy as well, and that is what makes it unique.
The way Reema has focused on the struggles faced by the characters, and Akshay's character letting other characters too get their share of screen space, in a crisp runtime, and achieving the purpose is commendable. All said, despite some predictability and some issues with CG, Akshay Kumar's Gold is an inspiring and patriotic, perfect flick for the Independence Day.
'NOTA' Girl gets her next Sanchana Natrajan, a Chennai based popular model had bagged few ads and was gaining popularity slowly thanks to her performance in director Balaji Mohan's web series As I am suffering from Kadhal. The web series was a huge hit and it took her to next level.
- Even before shooting a major production house bags rights for RRR
- PIC TALK - Kajal Aggarwal in a Bra and Thigh-High Shorts exposing her Inner Assets
- Even in Traditional Dress, Kajal Aggarwal exposes her cleavage and navel - PHOTOS PROOF Inside
- CAUGHT RED-HANDED : Adah Sharma spotted Braless during Award Show - 20 HOT PHOTOS INSIDE
- Can Tamanna give comfort to the Flop Hero?
- Can the Desi Beauty give a success to the Star Son?
- Critically acclaimed movie to contest
- Anushka Shetty ready to tie the knot?
- Oops! Trisha faces Embarrassing moment on the stage due to her short skirt - 31 Photos as a Hot Treat
- These 19 Latest Photos of 35-Year-Old TRISHA proves that she gets Hotter with age
- Kajal's 'Back to Back' show...
- Kajal Aggarwal joins with her Lucky Combo
- 28 Saree Stripping Photos of Anushka Shetty as a treat for your eyes
- 40 "Tempting" Photos of Trisha in Low-Hip Saree