Atlanta sources reported that an Indian origin restaurateur in Ashland, Kentucky, was the target of racist posts by a customer who referred to him and his family as “a tribe from India” and that he “probably just funded Al-Qaeda” by eating at his restaurant. Meanwhile Taj Sardar, the 32 year old owner of ‘The Kings Diner’ is Sikh and he told the Daily Independent he has encountered racism before in the form of rude customers suggesting that he go back to his country.
Furthermore the customer, through a Facebook post, said he reluctantly entered to order meatloaf special and was greeted by a tribe from India. As per the post “He is ashamed that he probably just funded Al-Qaeda in order to have a meal”. Moreover the post was so offensive that it soon went viral, with an outpouring of support to Sardar and his restaurant. Sardar told “He really didn’t know what to do, but thank God for the positive people in the community who saw it”.
Further Ashland city’s Mayor Steve Gilmore and
three city commissioners visited Sardar to give support. Gilmore said “After
what he went through, he wanted to tell him, and they are very proud you are
one of our entrepreneurs in the city of Ashland and your reputation is sterling
and they are proud of having him in their community.”
Americans wants Trump to be focused and Presidential: Pramila Jayapal Washington sources reported that Indian-American Congressman Pramila Jayapal has said Americans are recognizing that they don’t trust the US President who has maintained that he knew nothing about what was went on in his campaign. Meanwhile her comments came after Donald Trump’s former campaign manager Paul Manafort pleaded guilty to conspiracy charges last week.
- India inclusion on US Trade list point of friction between New Delhi & Washington
- Indian Woman Research Scholar of University of Washington awarded
- Indian origins involve in multi-million Call center scam
- India called US for issuance of H-1B Visas
- AR. Rahman rocks Atlanta people by his Music
- Aisha Yaqoob defeated Wayne Slear
- American Federal Judge arrests of immigrants week Green Card
- Donald Trump administration supporting Asian Americans suing Ivy League Harvard University
- UN Assistant Secretary General appointment for Indian
- 140 nations participating in AMVER, providing a global safety net for mariners
- Indo-Canadian Business Man awarded for defamed in fake news
- Sikh killed by Store Worker arrested
- Another Sikh stabbed to death in US
- Indian based restaurateur targeted for racist rant
- US Secretary greeted India on its Independence Day