Atlanta sources reported that an Indian origin restaurateur in Ashland, Kentucky, was the target of racist posts by a customer who referred to him and his family as “a tribe from India” and that he “probably just funded Al-Qaeda” by eating at his restaurant. Meanwhile Taj Sardar, the 32 year old owner of ‘The Kings Diner’ is Sikh and he told the Daily Independent he has encountered racism before in the form of rude customers suggesting that he go back to his country.
Furthermore the customer, through a Facebook post, said he reluctantly entered to order meatloaf special and was greeted by a tribe from India. As per the post “He is ashamed that he probably just funded Al-Qaeda in order to have a meal”. Moreover the post was so offensive that it soon went viral, with an outpouring of support to Sardar and his restaurant. Sardar told “He really didn’t know what to do, but thank God for the positive people in the community who saw it”.
Further Ashland city’s Mayor Steve Gilmore and
three city commissioners visited Sardar to give support. Gilmore said “After
what he went through, he wanted to tell him, and they are very proud you are
one of our entrepreneurs in the city of Ashland and your reputation is sterling
and they are proud of having him in their community.”
PM Narendra Modi will award medals to winners of 'Bharat Ko Janiye' quiz on January 22 New Delhi sources stated that Union Minister Sushma Swaraj said Prime Minister Narendra Modi will award medals to the winners of the 'Bharat Ko Janiye' quiz on January 22 during the Pravasi Bhartiya Divas celebration in Varanasi. Meanwhile the winners will also visit the Kumbh Mela in Allahabad, she said. The quiz, conducted by the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), seeks to motivate overseas Indian youth to enhance their knowledge about India and connect with their roots.
- Indian American spokesman of White House left Trump administration
- Race for US 2020 President Election likely to see a Hindu representative
- ICC welcomed USA Cricket as its newest member
- Indian Graduate shot dead in Atlanta
- Donald Trump stirred a diplomatic tempest by ridiculing development of India in Afghanistan
- Man arrested for killing Indian American cop
- Indian American Teenager won University hackathon
- Indian American Cop shot dead during traffic stop
- Nalgonda district teens killed in Tennessee fire accident
- 2 people charged in murder for hire of an executive chef in California
- New Indian Ambassador to US appointed
- Saikat Chakrabarti, Chief of Staff to newly elected Congresswoman is among Politico's "Power List" of people
- Why Nehal Chudasama failed to make it to Top 20 of Miss Universe 2018?
- 54 Year Old Man charged for assaulting Indian Origin Woman
- Hillary Clinton met SEWA Headquarters Rural Women Artisans in India