A chargesheet has been filed 4 years after the death of Sunanda Pushkar, the wife of Shashi Tharoor, the congress leader, who had passed away in mysterious circumstances at Leela hotel, Delhi. The 3000 page chargesheet was filed before Dharmender Singh, the Metropolitan magistrate, in Patiala House court.
The chargesheet was filed under sections 498A, which is subjecting of a woman to cruelty by husband or relatives, and abetment of suicide, section 306. The police have filed the chargesheet with Shashi Tharoor mentioned as an accused, which Tharoor has said he will fight vigorously against the chargesheet, saying that he has been wrongly accused.
The police had filed based on
autopsy and forensic evidence. Tharoor has questioned what has made police to
conclude he had pressured Sunanda to death, and the methods of the police in
coming to this conclusion 4 years after death, and the next hearing on the case
is on 24 May.
Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case? Dharmabad sources made a statement that in a jolt to Andhra Pradesh CM Nara Chandrababu Naidu and the Dharmbad Court yesterday rejected the recall petition filed by the advocates who represented him. Meanwhile in connection with the Babli project protests case, the Court ordered that Chandrababu, despite being a Chief Minister, should attend the Court proceedings.
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?