According to sources a day after incumbent Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah stated that he has no problem if the Congress high command decides to choose a Dalit leader for the state's top post, key contenders, Mallikarjun Kharge and G Parameshwara responded to his statement.
Meanwhile when asked for a response, Congress heavyweight and Dalit leader Mallikarjun Kharge, who is presently a Lok Sabha MP, said, "By asking questions like this, you are confusing everyone. He don't like this question, if the High Command is going to do it, we will accept it. Naturally, they will also consult Siddaramaiah and they will take the decision and he doesn’t want to say anything further." Moreover Karnataka Pradesh Congress Committee G Parameshwara, another CM aspirant, told the media outlet, "The high command will get the majority. Beyond that, there is nothing he or the CM or any party leader can suggest."
Media reports that Siddaramaiah is the first Chief Minister in the state
to complete his full term in 40 years. Recently the Assembly Elections in
Karnataka witnessed the highest voter turnout in the state in over 35 years.
ISRO successfully launched GSLV-Mk III on Wednesday Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) stated that the countdown had begun for the Wednesday evening launch of India's heaviest rocket GSLV-Mk III, carrying communication satellite GSAT-29 at the rocket port in Sriharikota. According to the Indian space agency standing at 43.4 metre tall and weighing 640 ton, the Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV-Mk III) had taken off at 5.08 pm on Wednesday.
- Chandrababu Naidu confident in winning in Telangana
- Muslims in Telangana state upset seeing attitude of political parties
- A new memoir titled "Becoming" by Michelle Obama out
- Bengaluru likely to receive rainfall on November 16-17 & 22-23
- Swiggy plans to deploy Women as delivery personnel across India
- Has AP government misused Tirumala Tirupathi temple funds?
- Sexual abuser arrested finally!
- Infosys founder supports Modi!
- Downfall of Rajapakse govt!
- Gaja reaches Chennai!
- SC to hear 49 Review Petitions in Sabarimala Temple case
- PM Narendra Modi is in Singapore for East Asia Summit
- Melania Trump explicitly Donald Trump to oust Mira Ricardel
- Will traffic be ensured safely during rallies & processions?
- Sonali Bandre thanked her Hubby on their wedding day