According to sources a day after Mamta Banerjee's allegations of having death threat and a political party conspiring to kill her by hiring contract killers and violence had marred in West Bengal. Accordingly he panchayat polls held in West Bengal yesterday had witnessed massive violence resulting in death of at least twelve people and injuring 42 people. Moreover the Election Commission said 73% of the electorate turned out to cast their vote.
Meanwhile despite tight security arrangements in which 60,000 security personnel from West Bengal and other states were deployed, violence broke out in North and South 24 Parganas, East Midnapore, Burdwan, Nadia, Murshidabad and South Dinajpur districts. As per report the polling booths were mainly targeted during the violence after clashes broke out between Trinamool Congress supporters and opposition party workers.
Furthermore crude bombs were also hurled near several polling stations.
Moreover the opposition parties accused the ruling Trinamool Congress of
unleashing a reign of terror and destroying democracy. However, the TMC downplayed
the violence, saying it was far less compared to the previous rule of the Left.
MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB As per report Facebook on Monday announced it has appointed Ajit Mohan, former CEO of video streaming platform Hotstar, as Managing Director and Vice-President, Facebook India. Meanwhile set to join Facebook from early next year, Mohan will be responsible for driving Face book’s overall strategy and continued investment in India, reporting directly to the Menlo Park based headquarter and not Asia Pacific.
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018