News is spreading like wildfire that BJP's BS Yedyurappa is all set to become the chief minister of Karnataka with the swearing in planned tomorrow. Of the 222 constituencies for which elections have been held, BJP had won 104 seats, Congress 78 and Janata Dal secular has won 38 seats, while 2 independent candidates have also won.
With the requirement to form government being victory in 112 seats, Congress and JDS had formed an alliance to form government. Previously, BJP had also met the governor and sought his approval to form the government. The Rannebennore MLA Sankar has also given his support to BJP, following which Yedyurappa has reported to the governor a letter stating that they have support of 105 candidates.
Though Yedyurappa was seen tensed
after the election results, yesterday after the meeting with the governor, he
was happy. When he was asked if he was asked by governor to swear in as CM, he
said that the announcement will come officially. It must be noted that even
before the elections; BS Yedyurappa had said that he will be sworn in as chief
minister of Karnataka on May 17.
Vedaranyam heavily impacted by Gaja! Due to the rampage caused by Gaja cyclone, Nagapattinam district's Vedaranyam area has become an island surrounded by water all over. The people residing in Vedaranyam are facing a tough time, as they are facing troubles even in getting food and water. Now the condition is that it requires more than 6 hours taking resources like food and water into Vedaranyam.
- Chandrababu Naidu leaving no leaf unturned to take on Modi
- Arvind Kejriwal to campaign in Telangana for AAP candidates
- Wedding Photos of Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh leaked out
- Will KTR quit politics, if TRS lost Elections?
- Cyclone Gaja crossed Tamilnadu coast between Nagapattinam & nearby Vedaranniyam
- PM Modi felicitated winning teams of Singapore-India Hackathon
- Social Activist Trupti Desai urged PM ensuring security for her visit to Sabarimala Temple
- Karunanidhi's Life Size Statue to be unveiled on December 16
- . Indian-American to replace Justice Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit Court of Appeals
- Gaja impacts throughout the state!
- Smriti Trolls DeepVeer!
- 13 year old dies in boxing contest!
- TN govt ready to face Gaja!
- Automated baggage check-in facility introduced for passengers in Bengaluru Airport
- Railway suspects passengers for missing Bed sheets & Towels in A/c Coaches