News is spreading like wildfire that BJP's BS Yedyurappa is all set to become the chief minister of Karnataka with the swearing in planned tomorrow. Of the 222 constituencies for which elections have been held, BJP had won 104 seats, Congress 78 and Janata Dal secular has won 38 seats, while 2 independent candidates have also won.
With the requirement to form government being victory in 112 seats, Congress and JDS had formed an alliance to form government. Previously, BJP had also met the governor and sought his approval to form the government. The Rannebennore MLA Sankar has also given his support to BJP, following which Yedyurappa has reported to the governor a letter stating that they have support of 105 candidates.
Though Yedyurappa was seen tensed
after the election results, yesterday after the meeting with the governor, he
was happy. When he was asked if he was asked by governor to swear in as CM, he
said that the announcement will come officially. It must be noted that even
before the elections; BS Yedyurappa had said that he will be sworn in as chief
minister of Karnataka on May 17.
Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday Reportedly ahead of Former Chief Minister and AIADMK supreme Jayalalitha’s birth anniversary, the Madras High Court on Wednesday refused to relax its ban on registered political parties installing flex boards, digital banners or placards on arterial roads in or any other roads in the State. Recently a Division Bench comprising of Justices M Sathyanarayanan and M Nirmal Kumar rejected
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu