The Congress and Janata Dal secular have opposed the appointment of KG Bopiah as the temporary speaker of the assembly. They have said that a case will be filed against the BJP move to appoint Bopiah today in the Supreme Court. With the elections being held for 222 constituencies and with HD Kumarasamy winning in 2 constituencies, only one of those victories was considered, making it to just 221 seats.
To prove majority, BJP which won 104 seats now requires 7 more to prove majority, while Congress - JDS alliance already has a majority with 117 seats. In such a scenario the role of the assembly speaker happens to be crucial. Now, KG Bopiah of BJP has been appointed by the governor Vajubhai vala as the speaker, though initially RV Deshpande from Congress was proposed as the assembly speaker.
Following Vajubhai vala appointing
Bopiah as the speaker, both Congress and JDS have opposed the move and have
said that rules and regulations weren't followed in his appointment. Instead of
choosing the 8 times election winner RV Deshpande, what is the need to choose a
3 time winner Bopiah, questioned Congress members who added that this was a
move to help BJP win the floor test by illegal ways, and that they will fight
Bopiah's appointment as speaker, in the supreme court.
Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea Riyadh sources stated that Saudi Arabia will auction real estate owned by indebted billionaire Maan al-Sanea and his company starting next month to help repay billions of riyals due to creditors. Meanwhile sources familiar with the matter told Reuters, Sanea ranked by Forbes in 2007 as one of the world's
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24
- Who is the Baahubali of Telangana?
- Yusaku Maezawa, founder & CEO of Zozo, First Tourist to Moon
- Domestic fuel prices continued to scale new height
- Heavy rains expected today as well!
- Vijaya Bhaskar gets aroused!
- Sunny gets a wax statue!
- A sleep ruins minister's life!
- Finance Minister announced Merger of 3 Banks
- Who is Country's Highest Earning MLA?
- North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar