The Congress and Janata Dal secular have opposed the appointment of KG Bopiah as the temporary speaker of the assembly. They have said that a case will be filed against the BJP move to appoint Bopiah today in the Supreme Court. With the elections being held for 222 constituencies and with HD Kumarasamy winning in 2 constituencies, only one of those victories was considered, making it to just 221 seats.
To prove majority, BJP which won 104 seats now requires 7 more to prove majority, while Congress - JDS alliance already has a majority with 117 seats. In such a scenario the role of the assembly speaker happens to be crucial. Now, KG Bopiah of BJP has been appointed by the governor Vajubhai vala as the speaker, though initially RV Deshpande from Congress was proposed as the assembly speaker.
Following Vajubhai vala appointing
Bopiah as the speaker, both Congress and JDS have opposed the move and have
said that rules and regulations weren't followed in his appointment. Instead of
choosing the 8 times election winner RV Deshpande, what is the need to choose a
3 time winner Bopiah, questioned Congress members who added that this was a
move to help BJP win the floor test by illegal ways, and that they will fight
Bopiah's appointment as speaker, in the supreme court.
Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja Recently Anna University has announced that theory examinations scheduled for Friday will now be conducted on December 13. As per report the University has also postponed examinations scheduled for November 17 to December 14 and the examinations have been rescheduled on account of Cyclone Gaja, which hit the coastal areas in Tamilnadu on Friday.
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code