According to sources a new blood test developed by US researchers has shown promise for detecting pancreatic cancer in less than an hour. Meanwhile the test, which is at the proof-of-concept stage, can rapidly screen a drop of blood for biomarkers of pancreatic cancer and provide results in less than an hour.
Meanwhile the lead author Jean Lewis, Assistant Project Scientist at UC San Diego said the test uses an electronic chip-based system to extract nano-sized biological structures called exosomes directly from blood in minutes. Moreover the physicians need to just apply a drop of blood on a small electronic chip, then turn the current on, wait for several minutes and add fluorescent labels and finally look at the results under a microscope.
The researchers said, in a paper published in the
journal ACS Nano if a blood sample tests positive for pancreatic cancer, bright
fluorescent circles will appear. Rebekah
White, surgical oncologist said "This test could be used as a primary
screening strategy to identify patients who would subsequently need to undergo
more expensive and invasive diagnostic methods like a CT scan, MRI or endoscopy”.
AAP includes Jobs for Youth in its Manifesto Sources from Raipur stated that the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) Sunday promised a corruption free administration, prohibition and a loan waiver for farmers if elected to power in Chhattisgarh. Meanwhile when releasing its manifesto in Raipur for the state polls, which the AAP is contesting for the first time, the Arvind Kejriwal led party announced a slew of measures for different sections of the society.
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated two major national highways
- Why TN CM defended protests against AR Murugadoss's Sarkar?
- Owner charged for forcing Indian Woman
- Cyclone Gaja expected to hit coastal Tamilnadu & AP
- Actor Mohan Babu in support of TRS Party
- Wildfire in California killed 23
- Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao bridge anticipated to have 5G service
- AP CM Chandrababu Naidu expands his Cabinet with 2 Ministers
- Do you know which is Indias Most CONGESTED PLACE?
- Why Chiranjeevi neither meets Rahul Gandhi nor attends any Congress meetings?
- Minister's controversial talks!
- ADMK member ousted for sexual misconduct!
- RTI reveals truth in Rajiv killers plea!
- Gaja arrives soon, Red Alert!
- Demonetization & GST holds back India's growth: Raghuram Rajan