According to sources from Bengaluru the Governor of the state not only gave the BJP an opportunity to form the government, but also gave the party a window of 15 days to prove its majority. Meanwhile the Congress and the JD(S), outraged as they indeed were by this decision, got together making it even more difficult for the BJP to pass the floor test. Moreover it was also clear from the arguments in the Supreme Court that the party was on a weak wicket in the apex court. Similarly, the BJP's call for a secret ballot seems to be lacking in merit.
Accordingly the Supreme Court's verdict must be therefore, welcomed. Recently in Karnataka, it is widely believed that the Governor erred in not inviting the JD(S)-Congress combine. However, the BJP will get a breather if the party manages to lure a few legislators over to its side, though its image will suffer a beating in the bargain.
Furthermore in the final analysis, power makes up for all losses, in terms of damage to image or credibility. Presently in Tamilnadu, the BJP went all out to protect the Palaniswamy government and failed. Presently it would be a huge loss of face for PM Modi and Amit Shah if the the BJP fails to establish its majority today when the curtain comes down on the very last act of the numbers game. Media reports added that both the BJP on the one hand and Congress-JD(U)on the other, will try their utmost to prevent the other from coming to power.
DMK Chief MK Stalin to attend Mamata Banerjee's Party meet on January 19 Chennai sources made a statement that Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) president MK Stalin will participate in the meeting of opposition parties called by West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee in Kolkata on January 19. Reports added MK Stalin had decided to participate in the meeting which is been organized by Mamata Banerjee later this weekend.
- Low cost Airline Scoot to adds 3 new South Indian cities
- Telangana new Assembly session begins with new Speaker
- Dinakaran suspects Edappadi Palanisamy!
- Viswasam receives police appreciation!
- Ajith fan dies when seeing movie!
- Chennai kid is youngest grandmaster!
- New I-T return filling system be developed by Infosys
- TN Police Department issued instructions to create WhatsApp group for every police station
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Vibrant Gujarat Global Trade Show in Gandhinagar
- PM Modi may keep door open, but no party is prepared to go inside in Tamilnadu
- What will be Pawan's stand at national level?
- West Zone Party Office opened by Kamal Hassan in Pollachi
- Trump nominated three Indian Americans to key administration positions
- Nationwide probe launched to nab main perpetrators in QNet scam
- Indian Railways linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites