In the protests held by innocent protesters in Thoothukudi demanding the permanent shutdown of the killer factory Sterlite copper owned by the giant corporate Vedanta groups, the police had killed more than 20 people in firing incidents twice, including deaths of 3 women as well. The people had thronged to the Thoothukudi collector office in large numbers, following which the collectorate was surrounded by them.
Police had initially confronted them with Lathi charges, and then finally resorted to Gun firing after the collector had issued firing orders. Many vehicles in the collector office were burnt, and the whole office was destroyed by the angry protesters who were further angered by the death of a civilian. The police had attacked even the media people, and even the housing board of Sterlite employees was damaged and set to fire.
Other than the shooting at the
collector office, the police had also resorted to firing at Terespuram, when
they tried to surround the SP office. Without caring about the lives of people
of Thoothukudi, the Chief Minister Edappadi Palanisamy had been announcing
relief of 1 lakh, 3 lakhs for injured and 10 lakhs for the families of the
deceased. All the trains from Tuticorin have been cancelled.
CBI & ED likely to issue summons for questioning former ICICI Bank CEO Chanda Kochhar According to report CBI sources said former ICICI Bank CEO and MD Chanda Kochhar, her husband Deepak Kochhar and industrialist V.N. Dhoot in connection with the Rs 3,250 crore loan case involving the Videocon Group and ICICI Bank. Meanwhile the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) sources said the agency would initiate the summons as it had completed the scrutiny of documents
- SED of Tamilnadu mulling introducing board exams for classes 5 & 8
- Will YS Jagan become CM of AP as per survey?
- BJP leader wants Kanyakumari!
- Viral video of school students in trains!
- Measures were taken to stop water to Pakistan!
- Kamal says Thiruvarur gave family politics!
- Trump made no mention of China or Huawei, steps back from threat of full ban
- Fight between Swiggy & Zomato extends to takeover of Uber Eats
- Summer Season to be hotter than normal in Karnataka
- Congress questions BJP as either PM was completely oblivious to Pulwama attack
- Why Vijayakanth pretty unhappy with BJP-AIADMK response to DMDK ambition?
- YSRCP attacks TDP saying AP has 59 Lakh Fake Voters
- Telangana Govt announces Rs.25 Lakhs to Families of Pulwama attack jawans
- 2019 Elections testing waters for YS Jagan's stamina
- Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open