In the protests held by innocent protesters in Thoothukudi demanding the permanent shutdown of the killer factory Sterlite copper owned by the giant corporate Vedanta groups, the police had killed more than 20 people in firing incidents twice, including deaths of 3 women as well. The people had thronged to the Thoothukudi collector office in large numbers, following which the collectorate was surrounded by them.
Police had initially confronted them with Lathi charges, and then finally resorted to Gun firing after the collector had issued firing orders. Many vehicles in the collector office were burnt, and the whole office was destroyed by the angry protesters who were further angered by the death of a civilian. The police had attacked even the media people, and even the housing board of Sterlite employees was damaged and set to fire.
Other than the shooting at the
collector office, the police had also resorted to firing at Terespuram, when
they tried to surround the SP office. Without caring about the lives of people
of Thoothukudi, the Chief Minister Edappadi Palanisamy had been announcing
relief of 1 lakh, 3 lakhs for injured and 10 lakhs for the families of the
deceased. All the trains from Tuticorin have been cancelled.
Phethai cyclone won't be a threat to TN! The new cyclone that has been formed in the south east Bay of Bengal and the Indian ocean areas around it, has been named as Phethai, and it has been said that this cyclone won't be of much trouble for Tamilnadu and will have minimal rainfalls. Within the next 24 hours, in the southeast Bay of Bengal and the Indian Ocean areas, there will be a low pressure trough formation, and this will become
- Stalin wishes Sonia Gandhi!
- Thirumavalavan confirms no PMK with DMK!
- Congress ahead in Rajasthan & Chhattisgarh
- Protests before Kerala CM residence!
- Congress Leads in Chhattisgarh,Rajasthan, TRS in Telangana
- #TelanganaElections2018 - Zero chances for Lotus to Bloom anywhere in South India
- #TelanganaElections2018 - TRS got 77% of the Polled votes and this is one of the best margins in Indian Democratic History
- Voter turnout in Hyderabad fell to a dismal figure of 48.9%
- Call centre for Women's Emergency helpline inaugurated in Chennai
- #AssemblyElections2018 - Track Live Updates
- #AssemblyElections2018 -A humongous victory for TRS surpassing 90 seat mark, Congress Leads in 3 states
- Counting of Votes for Telangana in full swing
- TRS Leading in Early Trends of Counting!!!
- Polling results from Rajasthan, Telangana, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh & Mizoram LIVE UPDATES
- Telangana Leaders took Four Days break before Counting of Votes