Bengaluru sources stated that the Karnataka State Natural Disaster Monitoring Centre has issued moderate flood alerts owing to the intermittent moderate to heavy rainfall across many parts of Bengaluru city on Friday. Meanwhile when speaking to TNM, Subha Avinash, Project Scientist (Hydrologist) at KSNDMC said that flood alerts have been issued across four zones of the city.
She said “One of the recording stations in Bommanahalli Zone has recorded 20mm of rainfall so far and it is likely to go up with the forecast and the present cloud formation”. Moreover widespread, moderate rainfall alongside thunderstorm activity with gusty winds was predicted across the city for Friday. Furthermore the KSNDMC alert on Friday evening read, “The real-time rainfall shows moderate flooding in flood vulnerable location of Bommanahalli Zone, South Zone, Mahadevapura zone, and East Zone of BBMP area.”
However, if you received a message stating that a cyclone will be hitting
Karnataka, Kerala, Tamilnadu, Goa and Maharashtra, it’s a hoax. Moreover a message
stating, “A storm called Sagar is going to hit Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu,
Goa, and Maharashtra within 24 hours on today, at starting the wind speed will
be 70 to 80 kmph and later it gradually increases to 90 - 100 kmph,” is doing
the rounds in Bengaluru and other parts of the state.
AK Sikri declines joining commonwealth tribunal! Justice AK Sikri has rejected the central government position at the Commonwealth Secretariat Arbitral Tribunal (CSAT). CBI director Alok Verma was ousted from his post last week, with AK Sikri being an important member of the vigilance committee that was headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, and this was the committee that decided to remove
- Kodanadu estate case investigation in peaks!
- UP minister's tells people to burn politicians!
- Supreme Court notice to central govt!
- A Judge partially blocked a set of Trump administration rules
- Follow Indian Traditions Leave Western Lifestyles: Venkaiah Naidu
- Unresolved differences between Kanchi Seer and Mahatma Gandhi continues
- Cockpit Voice recorder of Lion Air Jet found
- Modi said BJP worker is driven by National Interest & not by any self-interest
- KCR plans that will last generations
- RBI tokenizes transactions made through Debit, Credit & Prepaid Cards in India
- TNSTC announced it will operate an additional 14,263 services for Pongal
- Modi calls DMK as the biggest enemy!
- Terrorists killed in early morning encounter!
- Dinakaran Vs Anbazhagan catches fire!
- Tehelka editor reveals shocker!