Hyderabad sources stated that Volvo Cars, owned by Chinese carmaker Geely, is targeting to double its market share in India to 10% of the luxury segment in the next two years. Meanwhile the luxury car makers sold around 40,000 vehicles in the country in 2017 and the Swedish carmaker expects the market to reach 50,000 units by 2020.
Further a spokesperson said the segment is expected to grow 15% and “we expect Volvo cars sales to go up to 5,000 units in the next two years”. Moreover this year, it expects to sell 2,600 cars in India across its nine models. Accordingly the German carmaker Mercedes-Benz is the current market leader in India’s luxury car market, followed by BMW and Audi. Volvo is betting big on hybrids and electric vehicles to drive growth after 2020. For now, it expects to get additional volumes in India from the newly launched XC 60 and the XC 40 which will be introduced in July.
The XC 40, with three variants and to be priced between Rs 36 lakh and Rs
45 lakh, will be the cheapest SUV from Volvo in India. The company will start
sales with the R Design, the costliest variant. The XC 40 will compete with the
Mercedes GLA and BMW X1 in a segment which currently witnesses sales of about
6,000 units. Volvo is targeting sales of about 1,000 XC 40 units in its first
full year after launch.
Government of Andhra Pradesh signs MoU with Internshala, launches 'Youth for Andhra Program' Real Time Governance Society (RTGS) of Government of Andhra Pradesh has signed an MoU with Internshala to launch the ‘Youth for Andhra Program’ program. The program focuses on empowering the youth of Andhra Pradesh and shaping them into change makers at the grassroot level. 10,000 students across Andhra Pradesh will be hired under this program and will gain valuable knowledge about government policies and bureaucracy. The deadline to apply to the program is 25th February 2019.
- Why KCRs Cabinet has no Women in his Party?
- 25 lakhs be given to family of CRPF Jawan by Kerala Govt
- Surya Kiran Aircraft crashed in Bengaluru during rehearsal
- BJP making desperate attempts to woo its allies
- History Maker: Kotii Reddy Saripalli - Founder of Kotii group of ventures
- Gold prices skyrocket!
- Saudi comes to Pak support!
- Mastermind of Pulwama attack dead!
- Kamal's takes a dig at Stalin!
- YS Jagan needs to be reminded charity begins at home
- Ex-PM highlights rural indebtedness, urban chaos
- PMK will support AIADMK- BJP front in Tamilnadu in general elections
- French researchers found 5.8 million Indane customer records
- Will Sania Mirza be removed as brand ambassador of Telangana ?
- Freedom we have is very expensive due to CRPF Employees