Hyderabad sources stated that Volvo Cars, owned by Chinese carmaker Geely, is targeting to double its market share in India to 10% of the luxury segment in the next two years. Meanwhile the luxury car makers sold around 40,000 vehicles in the country in 2017 and the Swedish carmaker expects the market to reach 50,000 units by 2020.
Further a spokesperson said the segment is expected to grow 15% and “we expect Volvo cars sales to go up to 5,000 units in the next two years”. Moreover this year, it expects to sell 2,600 cars in India across its nine models. Accordingly the German carmaker Mercedes-Benz is the current market leader in India’s luxury car market, followed by BMW and Audi. Volvo is betting big on hybrids and electric vehicles to drive growth after 2020. For now, it expects to get additional volumes in India from the newly launched XC 60 and the XC 40 which will be introduced in July.
The XC 40, with three variants and to be priced between Rs 36 lakh and Rs
45 lakh, will be the cheapest SUV from Volvo in India. The company will start
sales with the R Design, the costliest variant. The XC 40 will compete with the
Mercedes GLA and BMW X1 in a segment which currently witnesses sales of about
6,000 units. Volvo is targeting sales of about 1,000 XC 40 units in its first
full year after launch.
Migrants figures shown a negative growth of 11.6% from Kerala Accordingly a new study says factors like the declining population in the 19-25 age groups and stagnant wages in the Gulf countries could be responsible for migration from Kerala declining 11% between 2013 and 2018. S. Irudayarajan, who led the Kerala Migration Survey (KMS) 2018 told reporters in Thiruvananthapuram
- Uber's Food delivery launched Insurance Program in partnership with Tata AIG
- Investigation about Sewing Needle hidden in Strawberries
- Karnataka Govt reduced state taxes on petrol & diesel
- Is YS Jagan caught in a trap?
- Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh testifies hearing before Senate Judiciary Committee
- Major Fire Accident at Kanya Cinema Theater, Visakhapatnam
- T Rajendar coming to Thiruvarur?
- Auto driver attacked for questioning BJP leader on Petrol price hike!
- Yet again Petrol Price goes up...
- Case against Thirumurugan Gandhi dismissed!
- H Raja's words will help fascism!
- H Raja receives High court order!
- Babies born yesterday on PM Modi's birthday gifted gold rings at Chennai
- TN couple received Petrol as Marriage Gift!!!
- Ramdev will not campaign for BJP in 2019 elections