Riyadh sources stated that Saudi Interior Ministry has confirmed its readiness to allow women to drive vehicles in the kingdom, starting from June 24 after decades of a ban. Meanwhile according to an Al Arabiya report on Monday the Assistant Minister of Interior for Operation Affairs General Saeed Al-Qahtani confirmed that all women capable of driving cars can do so.
Moreover he also said female drivers would be on par with males in facing penalties and fines in case of traffic violations. He said "Those who will drive cars are our daughters, wives and sisters, and it's our duty to remind them of rules and prevent any harm against them," further, adding that the decision to allow women to drive serves the country.
Furthermore he highlighted that security
checkpoints would be set up to deal with expected changes in traffic after the
ban would be lifted and Xinhua news agency reported that Saudi King Salman bin
Abdulaziz Al Saud ordered in September 2017 to allow women to drive cars after
decades of restricting driving only to male citizens and residents. Accordingly
the order was one of the major steps Saudi Arabia has taken to change the
society in general and promote the foundations for a strong economy in
Trump cancelled his own participation in Davos, citing row over his proposed wall Washington sources reported that President Donald Trump on Thursday cancelled the US delegation's trip to the annual international conference at Davos, saying the officials were needed in Washington to tackle the shutdown of the federal government. A statement from Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said "Out of consideration for the 800,000 great American workers not receiving pay and to ensure
- Telangana & AP extended time limit for interstate transfers
- Trump coming out with reforms giving H-1B visa holders certainty to stay in US
- SC appoints Ombudsman for Hardik & Rahul comments
- Rakesh Asthana ousted from CBI!
- TASMAC surpasses Petta!
- Congress MP's trolls Amit and gets criticism!
- World's top four Richest Celebrity list with their individual net worth
- RBI Governor to cut Interest Rates
- PhonePe seen a remarkable growth in 2018 in offline business
- Vijayashanthi questions Why TRS shows fake statements
- SC orders protection for counterfeit travelers in Sabarimala issue
- Boxing Legend Muhammad Ali name for US Airport
- Reliance Jio Net Profit jumped to 65%
- Arun Jaitley to increase Income Tax Slabs Tax Rate
- Ola Money Postpaid offers a 15 day credit line to passengers