Riyadh sources stated that Saudi Interior Ministry has confirmed its readiness to allow women to drive vehicles in the kingdom, starting from June 24 after decades of a ban. Meanwhile according to an Al Arabiya report on Monday the Assistant Minister of Interior for Operation Affairs General Saeed Al-Qahtani confirmed that all women capable of driving cars can do so.
Moreover he also said female drivers would be on par with males in facing penalties and fines in case of traffic violations. He said "Those who will drive cars are our daughters, wives and sisters, and it's our duty to remind them of rules and prevent any harm against them," further, adding that the decision to allow women to drive serves the country.
Furthermore he highlighted that security
checkpoints would be set up to deal with expected changes in traffic after the
ban would be lifted and Xinhua news agency reported that Saudi King Salman bin
Abdulaziz Al Saud ordered in September 2017 to allow women to drive cars after
decades of restricting driving only to male citizens and residents. Accordingly
the order was one of the major steps Saudi Arabia has taken to change the
society in general and promote the foundations for a strong economy in
Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections Accordingly a group of people who call themselves as the voice of Scheduled Classes, Scheduled Tribes, Backward Classes and Muslims, have launched 'Caravan e haq', a movement which will be spread across Telangana and will demand for the rights of neglected classes. Meanwhile this group
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?
- Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'