New York sources reported that Starbucks will temporarily shut down about 8,000 company-owned locations across the US on Tuesday to offer 175,000 employees mandatory anti-bias training. As per report the participating stores will close around 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. However, the outlets in hotels, grocery stores and airports will remain open.
Accordingly Starbucks had announced the training soon after two black men were arrested at a Philadelphia outlet in April. Moreover a store manager called the police because the men were sitting in the store without placing an order. They were arrested for trespassing. Furthermore the incident sparked an outcry prompting CEO Kevin Johnson to apologize.
Further during the training on Tuesday, workers at each location will
break into small groups to learn together. Moreover the Starbucks Chairman
Howard Schultz, Johnson and musician and activist Common will serve as virtual
guides. Employees will talk about their own experiences, and watch a film about
bias and the company explained that each store will get a tool kit to help
guide the training.
Tamilisai welcomes Kamal speech! BJP Tamilnadu leader Tamilisai Soundararajan has said that it is wrong to consider either Rajinikanth or Vijay's statements as a danger to BJP. She had met the press recently at Chennai airport and had said that Rajinikanth's statement that he is not going to contest Lok Sabha elections is a clear one and that it will not cause any danger to BJP.
- Kiran Bedi Vs Narayanasamy intensifies!
- Kaduvetti Guru's mother against Anbumani!
- 4 soldiers die in a fight!
- Kamal slams Rajinikanth
- KPN Travels - A Bus Service which would make you regret
- Pulwama attacker's father blames Indian security forces for his son turning into terrorist
- Telangana will have 33 districts from now onwards
- Police arrested Kashmiri student for making insensitive posts about Pulwama terror attack
- Mamata Banerjee condemned Pulwama attack, strong action against Pakistan
- Rajinikanth warned Media not to use his photograph for LS Polls 2019
- Pakistan Authorities cancelled registration of a school for playing Indian song & Flag
- Contribute to CRPF Families through this websites
- EPS spends 15 crores on ads!
- Chinnathambi locked in cage!
- No to BJP says Sarathkumar!