As per report about a lakh employees of 22 state run and affiliated banks in Karnataka participated in the nationwide two day strike called by bank employees' trade unions to press for wage revision and other benefits, a trade union official said on Wednesday.
All India Bank Officers' Confederation (AIBOC) General Secretary Y. Sudarshan told IANS in Bengaluru told "The response to our strike call has been total as about one lakh bank employees, including officers, are staying away from work across the state in support of our demands, especially wage revision". Meanwhile about 8,000 employees, including 2,000 women, participated in a two hour demonstration in the city centre to protest against the "indifference" of the Indian Banks' Association (IBA) to their demands.
Media reports added that there are about 10,000
bank branches across the state, including 3,000 in and around Bengaluru, with
the State Bank of India (SBI) accounting for 1,000 of them after it merged its
associate banks like SBM and SBH with it recently. He said "There has been
no progress on our talks with the IBA and the government through the Labor
Commissioner, as the representatives of the banks' apex body are unwilling to
increase their offer for 2% hike, which is a pittance and not
acceptable to us at any cost."
Hyderabad Police organized Job Connect program to provide job opportunities Accordingly the Falaknuma police in Hyderabad organized a 'Job Connect' program at The Progress High School in Engine Bowli as part of its ‘community policing’ initiative. Meanwhile the police said that a total of 4,200 youth, both men and women holding various educational qualifications, had attended the program held between 9 am and 5 pm.
- GoAir to operate services from Kannur to Muscat from February 28
- Did Sasikala have special privileges in Jail?
- Telangana CM KCR's ideology to make Telangana roads shine like a Mirror
- Lalu Prasad Yadav to get a verdict on January 28!
- H.Raja gets triggered with Stalin speech!
- Dhanush's costar reveals sexual harassment trouble!
- Did Congress MLA gift Mercedes Benz to Siddaramaiah?
- I salute Manohar Parrikar's efforts at work," PM Modi
- Muhurtam for Telangana CM KCR's Chandiyaagam is fixed
- Traffic diversions in Chennai for Republic Day Parade
- UNESCO names Rio De Janeiro as 2020 World's Capital Structure
- Sri Lanka wants to take back all Sri Lankan Tamil refugees in India
- Rythu Bandhu Scheme becomes part of National Agenda of action: Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan
- Maverick director RGV to come up with a creative poster goes Viral
- CM Chandrababu Naidu unveiled NTR statue