According to sources the protesting farmers’ dumped vegetables, milk and other farm produce on roads and blocked supplies to cities in several states yesterday as they launched a 10 day agitation to press their demands, including loan waiver and right price for crops. Meanwhile the farmer organizations also called for boycott of mandis or wholesale markets in Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh, leading to fears of shortage and price rise.
Moreover the Rashtriya Kisan Mazdoor Mahasangh (RKMM) convener Shivkumar Sharma told reporters in Bhopal that the "Gaon Band' stir is being held across 22 states. Furthermore the police have kept a close vigil in Mandsaur in Madhya Pradesh, where six farmers were killed in police firing during the farmers' agitation on June 6 last year.
Sharma said "The cultivators have been asked not to come to the
markets in urban areas to sell their farm produce, including milk".
Furthermore on the last day of the protest on June 10, the farmers' bodies will
organize 'Bharat Bandh'. Moreover the decision to stop supplies starting from
June 1 till June 10 was taken by farmers under the banner of Kisan Ekta Manch
and Rashtriya Kisan Maha Sangh. Accordingly s meeting of the coordination
committee of these two farmers’ organizations, which claim to be representing
172 farmer outfits, was held here last month to give final shape to the
Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea Riyadh sources stated that Saudi Arabia will auction real estate owned by indebted billionaire Maan al-Sanea and his company starting next month to help repay billions of riyals due to creditors. Meanwhile sources familiar with the matter told Reuters, Sanea ranked by Forbes in 2007 as one of the world's
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24
- Who is the Baahubali of Telangana?
- Yusaku Maezawa, founder & CEO of Zozo, First Tourist to Moon
- Domestic fuel prices continued to scale new height
- Heavy rains expected today as well!
- Vijaya Bhaskar gets aroused!
- Sunny gets a wax statue!
- A sleep ruins minister's life!
- Finance Minister announced Merger of 3 Banks
- Who is Country's Highest Earning MLA?
- North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar