According to sources the protesting farmers’ dumped vegetables, milk and other farm produce on roads and blocked supplies to cities in several states yesterday as they launched a 10 day agitation to press their demands, including loan waiver and right price for crops. Meanwhile the farmer organizations also called for boycott of mandis or wholesale markets in Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh, leading to fears of shortage and price rise.
Moreover the Rashtriya Kisan Mazdoor Mahasangh (RKMM) convener Shivkumar Sharma told reporters in Bhopal that the "Gaon Band' stir is being held across 22 states. Furthermore the police have kept a close vigil in Mandsaur in Madhya Pradesh, where six farmers were killed in police firing during the farmers' agitation on June 6 last year.
Sharma said "The cultivators have been asked not to come to the
markets in urban areas to sell their farm produce, including milk".
Furthermore on the last day of the protest on June 10, the farmers' bodies will
organize 'Bharat Bandh'. Moreover the decision to stop supplies starting from
June 1 till June 10 was taken by farmers under the banner of Kisan Ekta Manch
and Rashtriya Kisan Maha Sangh. Accordingly s meeting of the coordination
committee of these two farmers’ organizations, which claim to be representing
172 farmer outfits, was held here last month to give final shape to the
Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru According to sources "The 3 wheeler range Treo and Treo Yaari are powered with lithium ion battery, which gives 170 km ride for a single charge, said Mahindra Electric Mobility Ltd Chairman Pawan Goenka on the occasion. Meanwhile the $21 billion Mahindra group has invested Rs 100 crore in setting up a technology plant in the city's southern outskirts, with an installed capacity of 25,000 units per annum to make the e-autos for Karnataka initially.
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code
- Will Pawan Kalyan contest from Eluru Constituency?
- TN CM announced Rs. 10 lakhs for families of deceased hit by Cyclone Gaja
- California's deadliest wildfires soared to more than 600, Trump to make his visit
- Granddaughter of TDP founder & late Chief Minister NT Rama Rao get TDP ticket
- Will forecast come true for TRS & give KCR another chance to rule Telangana?
- TN govt against Gaja!
- Secret pregnancy revealed by actor!
- Post Gaja, there's another threat!
- Vedaranyam heavily impacted by Gaja!
- Chandrababu Naidu leaving no leaf unturned to take on Modi
- Arvind Kejriwal to campaign in Telangana for AAP candidates
- Wedding Photos of Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh leaked out
- Will KTR quit politics, if TRS lost Elections?
- Cyclone Gaja crossed Tamilnadu coast between Nagapattinam & nearby Vedaranniyam