According to sources the protesting farmers’ dumped vegetables, milk and other farm produce on roads and blocked supplies to cities in several states yesterday as they launched a 10 day agitation to press their demands, including loan waiver and right price for crops. Meanwhile the farmer organizations also called for boycott of mandis or wholesale markets in Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh, leading to fears of shortage and price rise.
Moreover the Rashtriya Kisan Mazdoor Mahasangh (RKMM) convener Shivkumar Sharma told reporters in Bhopal that the "Gaon Band' stir is being held across 22 states. Furthermore the police have kept a close vigil in Mandsaur in Madhya Pradesh, where six farmers were killed in police firing during the farmers' agitation on June 6 last year.
Sharma said "The cultivators have been asked not to come to the
markets in urban areas to sell their farm produce, including milk".
Furthermore on the last day of the protest on June 10, the farmers' bodies will
organize 'Bharat Bandh'. Moreover the decision to stop supplies starting from
June 1 till June 10 was taken by farmers under the banner of Kisan Ekta Manch
and Rashtriya Kisan Maha Sangh. Accordingly s meeting of the coordination
committee of these two farmers’ organizations, which claim to be representing
172 farmer outfits, was held here last month to give final shape to the
PMK will support AIADMK- BJP front in Tamilnadu in general elections Chennai sources stated that deputy chief minister O Panneerselvam announced on Tuesday the Pattali Makkal Katchi (PMK) will support the AIADMK- BJP front in Tamilnadu in the forthcoming general elections. As per report the PMK will contest on six Lok Sabha seats and will be given one Rajya Sabha seat and the PMK, has a support base in northern Tamilnadu, especially among the OBC Vanniyar community.
- French researchers found 5.8 million Indane customer records
- Will Sania Mirza be removed as brand ambassador of Telangana ?
- Freedom we have is very expensive due to CRPF Employees
- Why India raised Pulwama attack issue at Munich Conference?
- RBI found large divergence in the books of Yes Bank
- Tamilisai welcomes Kamal speech!
- Kiran Bedi Vs Narayanasamy intensifies!
- Kaduvetti Guru's mother against Anbumani!
- 4 soldiers die in a fight!
- Kamal slams Rajinikanth
- KPN Travels - A Bus Service which would make you regret
- Pulwama attacker's father blames Indian security forces for his son turning into terrorist
- Telangana will have 33 districts from now onwards
- Police arrested Kashmiri student for making insensitive posts about Pulwama terror attack
- Mamata Banerjee condemned Pulwama attack, strong action against Pakistan